What's new

Peace Baby.......

LJ

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2006
Messages
3,469
Reaction score
19
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Feel like your in the 60's???? Ha!!

Did some more bank hopping and found a bank that had some halves...was supposed to be $300 worth....well I got there and it was only 3 rolls. The balance was dollar coins......grrrrr. I asked her if they were large dollars to which she replied no....then she said she had in an envelope in her drawer. She had a total of $41 in large dollars. I said I would take them. When she laid them out I saw the back of a Peace dollar and immediately started talking about the weather....lol.....I didn't want her to notice it. Score!!!!

Anyway, I hit more banks...one I had already been to about 5-6 months back. they had about $160 in hand rolls. When then teller came back from the vault and laid them out to count them.....I saw several rolls with "silver" written on them.....I thought...this can't be happening.....this happened to me 3 weeks back. The teller (young) never blinked an eye. She took my money and gave me the rolls. I got in my car and popped them open....yep....seven full rolls of silver. Then on top of that these silver coins look like they came straight from the mink....beautiful mint luster. I am no expert in grading coins but these are in very great shape. I have inserted a picture of a handful below.

I also picked some others up here and there. I picked up the worse shape 40% Kennedy I have ever found....this baby is in very bad shape. I inserted a picture of it too.

Another one of interest is a clad Kennedy that appears to have 3 very distinct bubbles in the coin. I have never seen one like this so if anyone has an idea about what it is please let me know. Picture of it is below.

The totals......the number in parenthesis is the AU quantity for each......

37-64's (21)
8-65's (2)
14-66's (8)
73-67's (25)
44-68's (10)
27-69's (8)
1-76-S Silver
1-Franklin 1954
1-Walker 1943-S
1-Peace Dollar 1923
3-Rosie's 51-S & 2x64
2-Proofs 1973 & 2001
5-NIFC 2x04 P&D, 1-2005-P, 2x2006 P&D

217 Keepers
 

Attachments

  • PC180024.webp
    PC180024.webp
    49.6 KB · Views: 650
  • PC180025.webp
    PC180025.webp
    77.9 KB · Views: 635
  • PC180032.webp
    PC180032.webp
    68.1 KB · Views: 636
  • PC180028.webp
    PC180028.webp
    63.7 KB · Views: 630
  • PC180026.webp
    PC180026.webp
    58.8 KB · Views: 635
  • PC180027.webp
    PC180027.webp
    58.4 KB · Views: 629
  • PC180030.webp
    PC180030.webp
    53.2 KB · Views: 630
  • PC180035.webp
    PC180035.webp
    37.6 KB · Views: 625
Upvote 0
;D
LJ as always you and your finds amaze me! Good hunting!!!!!!!! Would love to find one of those large peace dollars. Picked up two IKES the other day at a bank. Tellers spent 10 minutes on the net trying to see if they were worth anything before giving them to me. Almost said forget it because I knew they were not worth more than $1.
Talk Soon
Engine
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom