What's new

Peace Flask

Ronbo67

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2014
Messages
36
Reaction score
42
Golden Thread
0
Location
Readyville, TN
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went with buddy to find another old house site in the woods and got a great signal that turned out to be the face of a Civil war Peace Flask. I got a side piece for musket or rifle, some buck and ball, a scabbard tip, a broken stirrup, 1854 half dime, and various other things. My buddy got some eagle buttons, scabbard tip, heel and toe plates, harmonica reed, scissors, etc... I also got a couple of rings once we found the house site, a thimble advertising a scale and undertakers business, some flat buttons, and a tie tack or cuff link? IMG_9955.webpATT_1460292413649_20160409_205048.webp20160409_205249.webp20160409_205123.webp
 
Upvote 20
Love the powder flask! Going to straighten her out a little?
Nice finds!!

Iowa Dale
 
Not sure if I should or not. I'll probably leave it like they did :)
 
Wow!! Nice hunt

HH, Relic Nut
 
Congratualtions on the nice relic hunt! The buttons and ring are cool finds! :occasion14:
 
Love that peace flask,that's a rare find right there.
 
Great finds Ronbo67. I used to hunt the Readyville area years ago. We found a lot of great relics around there (not bragging). It's a great area to dig but full of ticks and a few rattlesnakes.
 
That is for sure Tennessee Digger, but worth it on most days :)
 
Half Dime.webp

Here's pictures of the dime. It has 3 dimples on it like it was between a suspender clasp or something. I'm deciding if I'm going to try to straighten or not, but will likely leave as is
 

Attachments

  • 20160403_191001.webp
    20160403_191001.webp
    485 KB · Views: 120

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom