What's new

Peace Out, Yo

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
Joined
May 16, 2007
Messages
2,494
Reaction score
11
Golden Thread
0
Location
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
WooHoo, snagged a 1922 Peace dollar here in the wild west today. Talk about the right place at the right time. Right when I walked into the bank, the kid was pulling cons from the top of the coin machine. I asked if they were rejects. As he opened his hand he said the machine won't take big coins. I saw a hand full of Ikes. On the bottom I saw gray. I said can I look and he held his hand up. I pushed the Ikes aside and started to see the Peace dollar eagle. I stopped and said I'll give you a dollar for that one. He said OK. No hesitation, no clue. I couldn't get the dollar out fast enough. I love young tellers. If I had of been 10 seconds earlier or later I would have missed it. Then he gave me a 6 sided foreign coin out of the 1/2 bag. As I was using the counter, I spied a Canadian quarter left there. Right before that in the supermarket I found $3.14 in the Coinstar return. $986 in handrolled halves got me 2- 40's, a Bi- 405, an 1987p and a 1973 proof. What a great road trip. Oh and I got a 1940 wheat MDing too.
Peace Out Yo!!
HH, S_F :icon_jokercolor:
 

Attachments

  • ScreenHunter_07.webp
    ScreenHunter_07.webp
    68 KB · Views: 463
  • ScreenHunter_06.webp
    ScreenHunter_06.webp
    64.7 KB · Views: 459
Upvote 0
Yeah S-F now that is a scalp ... snagging a Peace dollar for a buck ... u are are a sly old fox ;D... congrats on your other finds as well .... some karma came back your today ...awesome :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Beautiful.... gotta love peace dollars... my favorite 90%er.
 
seger98 said:
I'm wondering, how old was this kid?
Early to mid 20's, just like I like my tellers.
HH, S_F :icon_jokercolor:
 
Very nice pickup SF.....it's so exciting snatching those silver dollars....they are just so big. Congrats.

Poor kid obviously had no idea.........
 
lejeuene said:
Very nice pickup SF.....it's so exciting snatching those silver dollars....they are just so big. Congrats.

Poor kid obviously had no idea.........
But I did ..............LOL
HH, S_F :icon_jokercolor:
 
Got to love the younger tellers. A young man about 20 yrs. old

Here is how this went down. A couple of years ago.

Teller: Hello what can I do for you
Me : Do you have any half dollar coins or the large dollar coins
Teller: yes I got some the other day there are 9 of them but 4 of them are weird they are a little bigger but it says one dollar on them.
Me : Hmm let me take a look. Oh yea they shure do...Alright I'll buy them all.
Teller: That will be $ 9 dollars.
Me : OK here you go
Teller: Thank you.
Me : Oh no THANK YOU.....
Teller: Have a nice day
Me : Yes it is.... BYE BYE

It also says 1 oz. .999 pure silver :icon_scratch: LOL
 

Attachments

  • teller.gif
    teller.gif
    43.7 KB · Views: 320
coinmojo said:
It also says 1 oz. .999 pure silver :icon_scratch: LOL
Can't beat the American Eagles for a buck, lucky you. I have a few proof ones I have bought. The 2008 American Eagle One Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coin (like yours) is going for $26 at the mint.
 
Scalper said:
Yeah S-F now that is a scalp ... snagging a Peace dollar for a buck ... u are are a sly old fox ;D... congrats on your other finds as well .... some karma came back your today ...awesome :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Nice begets nice :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom