Pendent or Zipper Pull?

G

Gille

??? I have found 3 of these "Lightning Bolt P's" in different parks in Omaha, NE. At first I thought they were pendants from a local high school sports team. I friend believes they are probally zipper pulls from an old popular jacket maker. Here is what I do know. One looks like it might be copper another brass but they weigh a hefty 12 grams. Measure 1 1/2 by 7/8 on an inch. Also the back is flat and lacking any identification marks.

Can anyone identify these items? Thanks. Gille

Attachments

• Lightning P.JPG
    Lightning P.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 252

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
There was a post awhile back that had some those. I believe they were off of a popular sports jacket zipper...
I tried to do a search for the page, but couldn't find it...
What ever they were attached to must not have been too well of a design, because I've seen quite a few of them...

Upvote 0

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
Gille said:
??? I have found 3 of these "Lightning Bolt P's" in different parks in Omaha, NE. At first I thought they were pendants from a local high school sports team. I friend believes they are probally zipper pulls from an old popular jacket maker. Here is what I do know. One looks like it might be copper another brass but they weigh a hefty 12 grams. Measure 1 1/2 by 7/8 on an inch. Also the back is flat and lacking any identification marks.

They seem too big to be zipper pulls. I think that what you found is probably some ancient bling bling from some guy who's name begins with a "P". Probably some kind of bronze age gangster...or singer.

Upvote 0

mavrick03

Sep 29, 2004
Stafford Va
zipper pull i was the one who answered that post you where searching for the company is called pro player there a fruit of the loom brand they made jackets of sports teams i used to have a Pittsburgh penguins jacket made by them and it had that same fob on the zipper but they where put on pretty crappy and they fall off easy thats why you have found 3 of them i don't think they put it on the zippers anymore

Mav
hope this helps

Attachments

• 7c_1_b.jpg
    7c_1_b.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 198
Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

Gille

TY so much. I kept pulling these out of the ground and it was very puzzling. I'm surprised that it is such a modern item. I thought maybe it was from the 1950's. Again thx for your insight.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread