What's new

Penitente Canyon camping

rginn

Gold Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
9,220
Reaction score
13,578
Golden Thread
0
Location
Summit County, CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spent three nights down here in the San Luis Valley this week. Always find something new to look at, and I liked the rock with the hole in it. Went up to the rattlesnake den, but they've all moved out for now. Didn't see any snakes at all in fact. Great weather, but a lot of rain Friday in the day and most of the night, which was needed.
9-3cc.webp
Sp
9-3dd.webp
 

Attachments

  • 9-4yy.webp
    9-4yy.webp
    69.1 KB · Views: 56
  • 9-5vv.webp
    9-5vv.webp
    76.3 KB · Views: 56
  • 9-5yy.webp
    9-5yy.webp
    62.4 KB · Views: 53
Spent three nights down here in the San Luis Valley this week. Always find something new to look at, and I liked the rock with the hole in it. Went up to the rattlesnake den, but they've all moved out for now. Didn't see any snakes at all in fact. Great weather, but a lot of rain Friday in the day and most of the night, which was needed.
View attachment 2224008SpView attachment 2224009
Wow that first picture is a "i see a face treasure sign in the rocks" dream.
Its like a family of them. 😄
 
Last edited:
Yeah Chili the wife picked up on that real quick. The prominent one she told me was a man with a hat on, you can see his eyes, nose, and mouth. Not any treasure stories I know of associated with that, but would be a good marker.
 
Wow that first picture is a "i see a face treasure sign in the rocks" dream.
Its like a family of them. 😄
I missed that but wow!

“Look for the cliff with the baseball player.”
“What is baseball?”
“A game that will be invented 158 years from now.”
 
I missed that but wow!

“Look for the cliff with the baseball player.”
“What is baseball?”
“A game that will be invented 158 years from now.”
Its the best iv ever seen for sure. 👍
Yep I see that one too.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom