What's new

Pennies that have seen better days

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2020
Messages
4,452
Reaction score
10,340
Golden Thread
0
Location
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Worn pennies from the coinstar this evening.... I'm curious as to what could cause this much wear...
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20211215_203044361~2.webp
    IMG_20211215_203044361~2.webp
    211.9 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_20211215_203109935~2.webp
    IMG_20211215_203109935~2.webp
    169.2 KB · Views: 72
The penny on the left of the second pic looks like Groucho Marx!
 
Coins sustain damage like that when they are stuck in the side track of a clothes dryer barrel for a long period of time,
 
you should see some of the pennies found in the ground, ... the zinc pennies can break apart
 
it was in a asphalt road and drove over. I found one that was completely wore just like it. Not sure how long it was there. We picked it out and the face and year 1964 are perfect. Crazy thing it was the year I was born. As a treasure hunter always looking down. I always find change and the craziest things.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom