What's new

Pennsylvanian period calamite

electroman1974

Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2012
Messages
53
Reaction score
106
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southern, west virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800
Garrett at pro
Garrett gti 1500
Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found this last night underground last night at work. Hard to find large ones.
 

Attachments

  • image-2682685100.webp
    image-2682685100.webp
    45 KB · Views: 153
  • image-347185583.webp
    image-347185583.webp
    48.9 KB · Views: 146
  • image-3846614742.webp
    image-3846614742.webp
    61.9 KB · Views: 137
  • image-2928570299.webp
    image-2928570299.webp
    74.7 KB · Views: 130
Very nice, I've gone through a lot of river coal, and yeah I've never seen one that big before. Three segments even! And to rock, its a section of a calamite, imagine a horsetail reed that grows today near lakes but with the posibility of growing huge. Coal can be pretty fantastic under a microscope too...
 
OK thanks, I am not very good when it comes to fossils but I do like them.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom