What's new

Penny box-good weight vs bad weight

cdickrun64

Hero Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2009
Messages
945
Reaction score
724
Golden Thread
0
Location
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
My eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Based on my calculations, boxes of pennies with the following pre 1982 copper penny percentages should approx weigh as follows: (does not include weight of box or wrappers)
0% copper = 13.8 lbs
20% copper = 14.3 lbs
30% copper = 14.55 lbs
40% copper = 14.8 lbs
100% copper = 16.75 lbs

maybe I'll have my tellers start weighing boxes for me... Lol.
 
Upvote 0
I found this chart on one of the forums awhile back. Not sure who posted.

13.84lbs = 2%
13.91lbs = 4%
13.98lbs = 6%
14.05lbs = 8%
14.11lbs = 10%
14.18lbs = 12%
14.25lbs = 14%
14.32lbs = 16%
14.38lbs = 18%
14.45lbs = 20%
14.53lbs = 22%
14.59lbs = 24%
14.65lbs = 26%
14.72lbs = 28%
14.78lbs = 30%
 
That must have taken ALOT of time to calculate! Very interesting as I have 5 unopened boxes at home to go through this weekend. I will weigh them and compare after I am done and post the accuracy of the chart.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom