What's new

Penny Horders --Mint To Chg. Composition???

It might free up some sorely needed copper that the third world needs to fulfill their goal of dominating the world. But this aint gonna happen. If you have a big bunch of copper cents, you aint got Jack Diddly Squat.
 
I would love to use one of those Coin flattners that make shapes and symbols crush down pennies.
 
Why change the composition of the cent? They haven't used copper since 1982.
 
fistfulladirt said:
Why change the composition of the cent? They haven't used copper since 1982.
Because even the zinc cents cost too much to make. Around 1.7 cents a piece I believe.
 
Not all zinc pennies are the same. A guy at work dropped a couple of pennies and asked why they sounded different. I was pretty absorbed in my work, but I looked up long enough to say Pennies have been made from zinc since '83. He looked at the dates and they were both post '83. I got up from my desk. We dropped them again and they both sounded different. Now I wish I'd looked at those dates.

Oh well, I'm starting to separate my copper pennies.
 
Aluminum is a better plan or ditch the cent altogether.
 
I hope they change it to wood so my detector dont know they are there
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom