Penny like but Lincoln in one side and all various wheat on the other?

GoldieLocks

Bronze Member
Dec 28, 2019
Nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am sorry I don't have a good image to put up yet. But my partner and I found a penny like coun in color, he thinks it is Canadian because it has a spread out wheat tops seed pattern in one side. I can see Lincoln in the other. However in doing research on American wheats, they never have a spread out pattern in them? Or does someone know if they printed it that way in a certain year? Or could it be from another country and it is just a King that looks like Lincoln in the other side? I tried to look up British coins but no wheat images seem to come up at all? A total quandry. It is very damaged so will be hard to make out when I get an image too.

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Impossible to say just with that description, pictures will be a must.

Upvote 0

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If we could see a pic, I would at least be able to confirm if it's Canadian or some other type of Foreign coin. :dontknow:

I remember a series of coins that were produced in the 1960s - 70s by Shell Gas featuring unique scenes and historical figures from the different provinces.
The fact that "
it has a spread out wheat tops seed pattern in one side" makes me think of our Province of Saskatchewan.

These were made of brass plated with zinc, so when found in the ground they tend to be in poor condition.
Dave

Attachments

• Shell Oil Token - Provincial Arms and Flowers, Tokens .png
    Shell Oil Token - Provincial Arms and Flowers, Tokens .png
    100.9 KB · Views: 51
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread