What's new

Penny searchers-Thrill of the hunt OR financial gain?

cdickrun64

Hero Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2009
Messages
945
Reaction score
724
Golden Thread
0
Location
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
My eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A question for all of my fellow penny searchers: do you do it for the thrill of the hunt, or for financial gain? Me....40% thrill, 60% gain....
 
Upvote 0
Thrill of the hunt found (2) 1909S,alot of 1909VDB's(no S),(1) 1931S,(2) 1912S,(3-4) 1913S,(1) 1924D,plus a ton of other wheats & copper,IH.But that's out of 100,000's of cents over the years.
 
cdickrun64 said:
A question for all of my fellow penny searchers: do you do it for the thrill of the hunt, or for financial gain? Me....40% thrill, 60% gain....

70% thrill.

30% gain.

I can make better money on the real estate I'm flipping and/or renting. BUt this is cool to do (For me)
 
RIcoinhunter said:
Thrill of the hunt found (2) 1909S,alot of 1909VDB's(no S),(1) 1931S,(2) 1912S,(3-4) 1913S,(1) 1924D,plus a ton of other wheats & copper,IH.But that's out of 100,000's of cents over the years.
Great finds overall though! :thumbsup:
 
Helps calm thy nerves inbetween my halve orders. :laughing7:

apush :read2:
 
Thrill of the Hunt.

I mostly do nickels but have been delving into halves. Last night I bought my first $25 box of cents. My son Tanner and I found 7 wheats, the earliest being 1920 p. I used to search rolls of pennies when I was 10 years old 35 years ago, and it was a thrill to find a wheat back then. It is still hard to believe you can find coins 90 years old in circulation. It is also a cheap hobby, a lot less expensive than a round of golf.

Gordon and Tanner
 
90% thrill. In teh back of my mind I know these piles of copper will be worth SOMETHING someday...I hope...but its teh wheaties, the IHs, the '43s. The George VI and V's. Thats the fun stuff.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom