Permission granted to hunt a New site

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so I took a ride down to the house to meet with the property owners and talk a little with them. The property is old, dating back to the late 1800's and in its day it would have been a mansion. I was excited so I decided to scan a small area off the driveway to the east of the main property; my thinking was they could see what my holes look like once I cover them up and to see how I do it. Well, it went well with the owners, and I dumped my finds on their table on the porch to show them what I dug and told them they were welcome to any and all finds if they liked. They were amazed at what was dug in the small area and so was I. I dug a 1917 Wheatie, a newer penny, some turn of the century shoe buttons, a locket face plate which was very old and cleaned up nice and a copper strap from an old automobile, I am guessing a model A. I didn't even get to the good part of the property so I am excited, easy to do MD here, and I know it has never been touched so there should be some good stuff here. I need to dig all signals here so long as they are not trashy; this place holds a lot of history.

Last edited:
Sounds like a great site, Myron. Keep us posted on your finds.

Wayne

badpenny...Ive never asked to hunt someones property (I'm to chicken) but I do like the way you did it. If I ever get the courage to do so I will do as you did...That was a great posting....Best of luck....

Sounds like a honey hole,to me! Get back there and work it over!:thumbsup:

Is that your usual Modus operandi? You search the property and let them keep what they want? I know it's fun hunting, but it's nice to have the things later so you can show others and tell the story...

Obviously, 'm a Newbie... lol

I do let the property owner keep whatever they want and to be totally honest no one has ever took a thing. I usually sit and talk to the owners for a good while before I start to hunt, I explain my equipment and the fact that maybe someone else dug it before me or them. I always show my finds to the owner regardless at the end.

In this case the property owner was thrilled and told me to come back anytime, and that is what I like to here. I even helped them start a chainsaw they were trying to use. It was good all around and they also commented that they could't tell where I dug at all. Perfect...

Last edited:
Yes, excellent story and property!
Keep us posted! Show the owners this web site!
They would get a chuckle out of it! LOL

Pete

I do let the property owner keep whatever they want and to be totally honest no one has ever took a thing. I usually sit and talk to the owners for a good while before I start to hunt, I explain my equipment and the fact that maybe someone else dug it before me or them. I always show my finds to the owner regardless at the end.

In this case the property owner was thrilled and told me to come back anytime, and that is what I like to here. I even helped them start a chainsaw they were trying to use. It was good all around and the commented they could't tell where I dug at all. Perfect...

metal_detector_searching.gif
Nice finds badpenny.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back