Malestrom
Jr. Member
- Joined
- Feb 1, 2015
- Messages
- 42
- Reaction score
- 6
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Philadelphia PA
- Detector(s) used
- eyes
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
Whom do I contact for permission to pan streams, rivers, and setup a sluice for gemstones?
I know to detect and dig i go to the property owner but there are areas of rivers that are neither private or state governed (assumption) Should i contact the fish and game commission?
Perhaps a generous soul here has a place within 1 hour of Philadelphia they would share to a person who has yet to break ground for anything but pouring a foundation for a home.
Anything, gemstones, gold, silver, coins (like an old school location) etc....
I dont even have tools yet!
Thanks everyone!!
Michael
I know to detect and dig i go to the property owner but there are areas of rivers that are neither private or state governed (assumption) Should i contact the fish and game commission?
Perhaps a generous soul here has a place within 1 hour of Philadelphia they would share to a person who has yet to break ground for anything but pouring a foundation for a home.
Anything, gemstones, gold, silver, coins (like an old school location) etc....
I dont even have tools yet!

Thanks everyone!!
Michael

Then presto: What's to stop him from being in the boat, stopping where it's shallow enough to where he wants to look for those specific rocks. And then reach his arm (or scoop or whatever) over the side of the boat to do it ? Would he be technically legal then ? 







