Darren in NC
Silver Member
- Joined
- Apr 1, 2004
- Messages
- 2,905
- Reaction score
- 1,965
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Detector(s) used
- Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
- Primary Interest:
- Shipwrecks
- #1
Thread Owner
Does anyone know if federal jurisdiction is 12 or 24 miles out now? I've heard about Clinton signing the 24 mile boundary, but does anyone know whether there are court rulings involving such? Seems I should know this by now, but I don't. I don't think there is a permitting process for federal waters, so how is it handled? Do they typically allow the state to handle it even if the wreck is located beyond the state's three mile mark?
Has anyone found and worked a wreck beyond three miles? What was your experience?
Best to all,
Darren
Has anyone found and worked a wreck beyond three miles? What was your experience?
Best to all,
Darren
Federal Admiralty Court, eh? Sounds like a good start. I'll look forward to talking to you more in a few weeks. Thanks for the tips so far. After we do a few initial dives, I may want to secure the services of one of the attorneys you know.
Your reply doesn't fit with my question at the top. 






