mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dont waste your money buying a kit. For less the $5 make one. If you want to use a waterproof case add another $15.

I bought 20' of RG59 cable at Goodwill. I bought a roll of velcro tape at harbor freight. I use velcro because it is easier to remove the RG cable to charge the coil. That's all you need.

Google instructions on how to trim the ends and that's it.

I have been using mine for a while now and am doing very well from the surf line to chest deep.

I attach the remote to my bicep area
IMG_7682.JPG

IMG_7683.JPG

IMG_7684.JPG

I have the water kit and have used it about a dozen times for water hunting. Toothpick is correct, it is easy to build... I make a lot of stuff and making the Deus waterproof is super easy. However, there is a big reason I bought the Water Kit sold by XP... and that is... it is a $60 insurance policy! Another member and friend of mine (trebelhunter) on here was using the XP water kit and his remote got flooded. XP sent him a new remote, under warranty, no questions asked. Had he not been using the XP waterproof kit when it got flooded, I doubt that would have been covered under warranty. So I decided to just buy the XP kit as an insurance policy incase I ruined equipment in the water. That said, the Aryca case for the remote is WAY better than the bag that XP uses in the waterproof kit. I use my Aryca case when hunting in and rain, and I would use it in the water if it wasnt for me wanting to keep everything under warranty... once my warranty runs out, I will be using the Aryca case in the water.

As far as the water kit goes that XP sells. Its nice and fully submersible. The remote case has a sealed headphone wire that comes out and it comes with waterproof earbuds. So you can dive with it and go totally under water. The antenna wire from the coil to the case its plenty long and easy to attach and remove. Even though the remote case is submersible, it still worries me to take it totally under water. Most of my hunting is waist deep or less, so I put the remote on my arm and keep it mostly out of the water.

If you're going to do a lot of water hunting, I'd suggest buying the XP kit because its a cheap insurance policy to retain your warranty on anything getting flooded. If you are out of warranty or just want to try it out once in a while, then making something is cheaper and easy.

Hmm...I never even considered the warranty part of it. That could be a deciding factor for some users.

My setup is not intended to dive with, just the occasional wave or drizzle etc.

I too went with the XP water kit for the very same reasons that OA mentions above. I have the Aryca Case also that I keep the remote in.

Thanks for the suggestions and positive feedback.

I see the puck pictured in the waterproof water kit.
Where is the phone jack on the puck i can`t find it ?
Gary

You have to add a third party phone jack adaptor that slips onto the puck rails. You can buy one at detector stores that carry Deus accessories, at Amz, or on eBay for $10 to $20.

No problem. Personally, I think it should be included as a required accessory for the WS4 but I am not sure if XP makes it or not.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back