What's new

Petrified Wood at Woodruff, AZ

TerryC

Gold Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2008
Messages
7,855
Reaction score
11,225
Golden Thread
0
Location
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
PeteyGirl and I went to Woodruff, AZ and collected lots of petrified wood. Take 77 south from Holbrook 6.5 miles to the left turn to Woodruff. From that turn, travel 4.8 miles to the BLM land road (gate).
DSC00298.webp

On that gate is this sign.
DSC00299.webp

It is easy to miss this gate. You will see it on the south side of the road opposite of the Woodruff Butte. We found these pieces the first two days.
DSC00291.webp They represent only a small portion of the pieces we could have picked up. You will have AMPLE supplies to pick from.

After the first two days, we went further down the road to this "water hole" that was dug.
DSC00296.webp

At this site, we found bigger (but less) pieces.
DSC00292.webp

These are the largest (two) pieces we found. Not bad!
DSC00293.webp DSC00295.webp

We maxed out for two people for three days (150 pounds). Leave only tracks behind.
DSC00297.webp Go get your share! TTC
 
Beautiful specimen you have there. With all that rockhounding your doing I believe your in need of a lapidary shop. I think that's what I'm gonna invest in when I retire and go prospecting with all the share time I'll have.
 
Beautiful specimen you have there. With all that rockhounding your doing I believe your in need of a lapidary shop. I think that's what I'm gonna invest in when I retire and go prospecting with all the share time I'll have.
I have my eye on a 12 inch diamond cutter..... 600 bucks. TTC
 
I have my eye on a 12 inch diamond cutter..... 600 bucks. TTC

Go for it! Lapidary is a great hobby. There's an endless supply of rocks to cut, carve, and polish. Gary
 
Great adventure Terry! :occasion14:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom