What's new

Pewter cup?

dts52

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2015
Messages
1,600
Reaction score
2,286
Golden Thread
0
Location
NW CT
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Found this a few months back in an area that produces colonial up to yesterday’s trash. I took it to a jeweler who said it was really cool but had no idea what metals were used. It looks like a silver colored overlay which has some filligree. The numbers stamped on the bottom of the cup are not all legible. It is surprisingly heavy which makes me think the base metal is lead. The good news is that my wife says I can have all the whiskey I want... as long as I drink it out of the cup. E1270EE2-208E-439D-B59D-8E3C2879DE0E.webpC9A710BB-DE8A-4B64-9D99-67931A03ABD9.webp31D5AF21-1A38-42BF-808F-E41C0CD7C521.webp

Thanks for your help.
HH
dts
 
Fancy find, congrats! I think it is pewter based on the 83? mark. Google.
 
Upvote 0
Fantastic relic, congrats! :occasion14:
 
Upvote 0
Looks like a pewter tankard to me too.....
 
Upvote 0
Thanks for the suggestions. I sure wish this thing could talk!
dts
 
Upvote 0
Congratulations. That's a really nice find. Have you seen the bear lately?:icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
In my neighborhood we use to call those "beer mugs". :occasion14:
 
Upvote 0
Congratulations. That's a really nice find. Have you seen the bear lately?:icon_thumright:

Not since last week, rook3434. Maybe eating all the suet and sunflower seeds from my feeders provided a large enough snack for him to go back to sleep for a few weeks. Feeders definitely coming indoors at night, however.
dts
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom