Pewter War of 1812 Infantry Button

U

umrgolf

:hello: Hadn't been out much this week with the heat and trying to iron things out with my upcoming orders. Still waiting for the detailer to call and let me know the date I'll be leaving and where I'll be heading ::) :laughing7: .... Tried the H.M.A/Virginia button field for 2 hours this morning and came up with a couple keepers. I was hoping the pewter button was a Rev War era when I saw it, but I guess that's one that's gonna stay on the wishlist for now ;D

1830's Eagle A (Horstmann), 1812 Pewter Infantry, 1830's Eagle A (Scovills)
IMG_0362.JPG

Pretty flaky so I called Buckleboy and per his advice added a couple coats of 50/50 Elmers & water
IMG_0363.JPG

IMG_0364.JPG

Horstmann Eagle A, the only one from the site with this backmark out of approx 50 (also the best)
IMG_0371.JPG

IMG_0368.JPG

Group
IMG_0366.JPG

Not in the best shape, but definitely one of my new favorites
IMG_0372.JPG

IMG_0373.JPG

Upvote 0
OP
OP
U

umrgolf

thanks civilman & tuatara! thanks again for the help BB! i hope new members/diggers realize the help that some members on the forum can be.. BB & my partner, Josh(Sentinel), have saved me from destroying several historically valuable finds. Use them for advice before rushing to clean/preserve anything.

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
nice one Jeff! I don't know how you are hunting in this heat. I'm finally hoping to get out tomorrow.

ColonialDude

Jul 5, 2004
Canada
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice buttons! Congrats!! :headbang: I would rather dig a pocket full of nice buttons than colonial coins any day of the week! That being said, I still don't mind the coins ;D

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome Jeff,Huge congrats!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread