Photo dowsing request.

GhostTown

Greenie
Oct 30, 2005
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm simply intrigued and amazed by photo dowsing! Here are a couple pictures of areas I've been researching for quite a while.

This is an aerial view of what once was supposedly the site of an old Spanish camp. I'm new to detecting and haven't had the chance to really check this place out, but am wanting to this weekend.
CAMP.JPG

This aerial view is out near a ghost town that I've explored a few times growing up. Legend has it a famous gambler would take his winnings each night and hide them in various locations outside of town. I'm thinking this bluff of sandstone would be a good place to start?
SR.JPG

And finally this is an old dance hall from the 30's that I've detected a few times, found a few coins but nothing special. Wondering if this place is worth detecting further?
SLT.JPG

Anyone who would be willing to dowse these photos, I would greatly appreciate it! Your skill amazes me. Thanks!!

Last edited:
Various camp signals, red circles for excavation or diggings, tunnels. Green circle must be some type of signs/marker. Red X & circle/X best Spanish camp hits.

CAMP-GhostTown.JPG

Red Xs for a possible coins/treasure location. Red circle is just loose surface coins. Green Xs are a type of archaeological hit.

SR-GhostTown.JPG

Red Desert, thank you! I'm going to check them out this weekend!!

That "old dance hall from the 30's" did seem might be cleaned out at first. Finally did pick up a couple things.

SLT-GhostTown.JPG

Hi GhostTown,
Dowsing revealed in all 3 pictures...
White circled areas: An attraction to coins.
Green circled areas: An attraction to gold.
Blue circled areas: An attraction to silver.
Thanks for posting your pictures,
Jon

-srdowsed.jpg

-sltdowsed.jpg

campdowsed.jpg

Wow, I'm very amazed by this, how has the hunt gone so far?

Thanks Jon I'll be sure to check those spots too!!

Bamace350, haven't had a chance to check these spots out extensively yet. I did go detect the dance hall some more, it's a pretty trashy area and I'm still getting used to my new detector (t2) the other two spots I'm super excited for and will hit them up soon! It's been over 100 every day here so that kind of makes it tough. But I'm still way excited!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back