Photobucket is holding my images hostage ...

OP
OP
Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Photobucket, Imgur and all the other "free" image hosting sites have essentially the same terms. That being "we own your pictures when you upload them" and "you don't have a right to link to our images". That last one is why Photobucket won't let you use their pictures (used to be yours) without paying them for the privilege.

From the Imgur terms you agreed to:

That's lawyer speak for "We own your stuff now and you can't use our stuff for forums, eBay, websites or anything else without paying us".

There is no such thing as a free lunch folks. That's particularly true on the internet. Imgur, Facebook, Google and all the rest offer the same flavor of "free" as Photobucket does. The only real question is how long before they send you the bill. The longer they wait the less likely you are to have a backup copy and the more likely you will be willing to pay up to get "your" stuff back. Photobucket couldn't wait any longer.

Read the small print before you eat the free lunch. :BangHead:

Well, deleted everything from both accounts. Then I deleted both accounts. I have copyright on some of the items I uploaded there, might be interesting if they tried to pinch them.

The only way copyright could be transferred to them is "in writing" ... which has not happened.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread