2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are there other buyers out there searching products (used or vintage/antique) to buy on eBay? I have gotten so frustrated lately with the lack of photos AND lack of description. Some listings have one blurry photo and the description is the title and no "item specifics" given...really? Ugh! Twelve FREE photos and one used. I see this over and over, anyone else? Ok, rant over!

Just skip those items. One reason someone might do that is because they are listing a lot of stuff and don't want to take the time to go into specifics. The reason I am most inclined to believe is that they are looking for suckers.

I have thought that that they are trying to hide something to but there are just to many to be all dishonest. Just lazy or in a hurry. I bet they'd sell more/faster with better descriptions/photos. Oh well. I do skip them but waste time clicking on descriptions just to see there is nothing descriptive there.

I also skip over them ..Pictures are bad .And They tell you nothing much about the item they are selling …BUT they have a 1000 word statement about who they sell to about there shipping and how you should pay ..

Last edited:
I tend to agree with laziness.
If a person has no time for more pictures, they usually aren't going to check their item very carefully.
This is why I stay away from the 1 picture listings.

I usually take multiple pictures of items I sell. Usually the ones that I take only 2 pictures are cross stitch kits, front and back. Most books get at least 6 pictures, front back and all sides. And more pictures if some of the photos inside the book will attract buyers. Mugs and tumblers get at least 6 pics, all side, top and bottom. I try to describe every defect I can. Been selling since 1999 on Ebay, and never had a significantly not as described case opened.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back