Dec 17, 2008
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II 800
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good afternoon ARKIE: What do you have in mind ? Those are for deep hunting. I.personally; kinda poop out after say 6'.

Those units are worthless for coin shooting. they are for deeep searching for large metal objects In the 15 -20 ft range a good two box detector such as the Discovery 900 series will be quite a bit cheaper and just as effective.

Besides, always remember very little of serious treasure hunting occurs in clean, clear ground. Most is covered with brush, trees, tall grass, etc. Conditions in which you would find it impossible to use those large coils. With a two box unit, you can semi-barge your way through.

Since the two box units are not too popular with coin hunters, you can often find good buys on the net or E-Bay.

Don Jose de La Mancha

OP
OP
ArkieGold

ArkieGold

Dec 17, 2008
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II 800
Good afternoon my old friend 8)

I am after deep. Have looked at the two box units and am still undecided. One of the above links unit has a 10" coil as separate choice which was I thought a good idea and might make a good hunter for smaller targets. Heck it's been awhile since I was even looking at detectors and I'm out of the loop :D

A friend out West says he really likes the TF900 by Discovery. Others have said good about it as well so I suppose that is what I will do and perhaps look at the loops later when a backhoe is needed :D

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HIO Arkie: If you are after sometng large in less than 10- ft, a used Garrett Master Hunter with the blood hound type of attachment might serve, and can be gotten for 1/2 or less the price of a two box on E-Bay occaisionally.

This woud give you an almost universal machine, from itty bitty gold nuggets at the surface to pots of gold at 5' +.

I personally have both machines.

Don Jose de La Mancha

OP
OP
ArkieGold

ArkieGold

Dec 17, 2008
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II 800
I'm settled on the TF 900. Like that Garrett, maybe soon! Thanks for all the input. :)

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had made up my mind to get the Discovery 900....but today I ran across a Whites 808 two box for $300.00....the price is right. I just cant find many testimonials about this machine. Has anyone here ever used one? Any help would be appreciated...Steve

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

gflores71

Nov 26, 2005
Central Coast, CA / Bolivia
Detector(s) used
White's V3, MXT All Pro, DFX, XLPro,TM-808, TDI-SL with 25" coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TF 900 is a much better unit than the Whites TM-808. Now if you find a used Whites TM-800 then you are looking at a TF-900 ( made by same company) I have owned both thats why I can compare.

g

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread