What's new

Pick my best find

FatCat

Full Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2009
Messages
190
Reaction score
7
Golden Thread
0
Location
HUNTSVILLE Alabama
Detector(s) used
ACE250 w. 10x14'' DD and Lots of research
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello THrs. I am trying to figure out what my best find for the last year is. I am fairly new to the relic hunting side of detecting and would love any input you might be able to give me.
Pic 1 1877 seated dime
Pic 2 CW era RR luggage tag by Taulman Low & Cook
Pic 3 Spur found at CW site
Pic 4 1810 reale
 

Attachments

  • spur.webp
    spur.webp
    31.4 KB · Views: 720
  • realfront.webp
    realfront.webp
    25.5 KB · Views: 716
  • dimes.webp
    dimes.webp
    17.1 KB · Views: 716
  • cwm 005.webp
    cwm 005.webp
    23.2 KB · Views: 709
  • spur.webp
    spur.webp
    31.4 KB · Views: 707
  • realfront.webp
    realfront.webp
    25.5 KB · Views: 703
Upvote 0
I must say Pic 4 1810 reale, but i did like them all, but if i must decide so.
Nice findings!!
 
tough one all is nice! i dig relic hunting hunting relics is all i do! you keep making holes and i think you will see why good luck krazyhorses
 
I like the RR baggage tag best, but all are good finds.
 
I think the baggage tag is probably the best find, but it is really whatever you like best. All are nice finds!
 
I like the baggage tag & the spur . The tag looks civil war period, if it is I'll go with that if not I like the spur. You do any research on the baggage tag to see how old it is? Congrats on the finds your doing really well :icon_thumleft:

Laszlo
 
The baggage tag is CW era. I found it at a Federal camp here in Al. The only reference I found on the company is from 1858, they made various items for the RR.
 
Nice Jeff, I'd say baggage tag, closely followed by the spur (in that condition its a little rarer)

Bill
 
The baggage tag! I like the patina,lettering.
 
I guess, like beauty it is in the eye of the beholder. The seated dime is a nice condition find, but coins are too common a find to be my favorite, given a choice. I'd say the spur, being most unusual of the lot would be my favorite. How many diggers have one of those ? I don't
 
I need to add this, I found it a few days ago.
 

Attachments

  • plate.webp
    plate.webp
    36.3 KB · Views: 438
  • plate.webp
    plate.webp
    36.3 KB · Views: 450
All great finds, but gotta go with the Reale
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom