Picked up a couple of silver rings in a small drained lake...

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
I posted my Thursday finds this morning along with the sterling ring I found in the turf on "Today's Finds", but thought I'd post the items I found in the muck that had been the lake bottom for you water / beach hunters.

Here are the two silver rings before cleaning them up with electrolysis...

IMG_9293.jpg

IMG_9296.jpg

And here they are after the electrolysis and a little buffing up with a jewelry cloth...

IMG_9299.jpg

IMG_9300.jpg

Here they are with the third ring I found up in the field...

IMG_9304.jpg

Here are some of the other items I pulled from the stinky muck that had been the bottom of the lake before it was drained down...

IMG_9317.jpg

IMG_9314.jpg

IMG_9318.jpg

Upvote 0

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
Wow, you did well. I wish they would drain the ocean, so I can find all the goodies easier :). That old coin/token looks sweet!

OP
OP
time4me

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
Narthoniel said:
Wow, you did well. I wish they would drain the ocean, so I can find all the goodies easier :). That old coin/token looks sweet!

I'm sure it is not old. The "1837" date on it is just a commemorative date - not sure what it is commemorating though. I found two of them on Thursday, and another two of the same token about two months ago in the same lake.

Jim

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very cool finds, I have the mate to the first ring you got found one exactly like that this summer

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice job if you dip them in a silver cleaner liquid it will get rid of all the black that is hard to reach in between....

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
they look like some kind of token for a fur trade company or a mountain man rendezvous

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't ya just love them drained down lakes? :D

Nice finds and pics.

Old_Okie

Jun 14, 2007
I think your token may commemorate the 1837 Green River Rendezvous. This was the largest of the fur trade rendezvous as the business went down hill fast after that. The face looks a bit like the sketch Alfred Jacob Miller made of Jim Bridger at that meeting. This is just my conjecture. Have not been able to find the token or any reference to it. Still like it.

Old_Okie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread