What's new

Picked Up First Box of Halves Today

Quick$ilver

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2011
Messages
67
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
East Coast
This box is the long 1 layer type with 5 x 10 row formation. Which service does that mean? I only had time to check ends as I had to drive back to work. No enders... Lets hope the good ones are hidden in the middle. Wish me luck, I'll post the findings tonight.
 
Upvote 0
Ok, who is going to crack it to the newbies that the federal reserve doesnt package coins? Bueller?
 
Not high and mighty, I was replying to another noob who had replied and has now deleted it. My point is this has been discussed thousands of times on this forum and no one attempts to read and learn for themselves. Btw PD, I thought you quit this forum months ago?
 
Finished rerolling the halves. The box was a skunk. Should I keep any newer ones that have almost no marks on them... 2010-P, 2010-D, 2008-P, 2004-D. I don't have a red book but i think i saw another post saying these are NIFC. Let's hope tomorrows 2 boxes are better.
 
In my area, the long low boxes are NF String. They are brown boxes with yellow print, and the paper rolls are yellow as well.

As for the newer coins, keeping them is up to you. I keep the ones I need to fill my coin books and save some for my brother, but the rest I just toss back. You might be able to sell them on Ebay if you collect a full roll worth, but I don't think it is worth it.

The 2002 and newer are NIFC. They can only be ordered from the mint at a premium. The only reason they are in the circulating supply is that someone else dumped them; probably because they couldn't sell them enough over face to justify the expense.
 
Yes the description matches exactly NF String. Today's 2 boxes were from Brinks. I only had time to open 1 during my lunch break. I got 3 x 40% keepers; a 67, 68, and 69. I can't wait for box #2 tonight! This is so addictive.
 
AGCoinHunter said:
Not high and mighty, I was replying to another noob who had replied and has now deleted it. My point is this has been discussed thousands of times on this forum and no one attempts to read and learn for themselves. Btw PD, I thought you quit this forum months ago?
You sir, need to calm down. Don't get over protective/excited over the topic. Just calm down and take big breaths... In... Out... In... Out... just a word of advise.

Geez, why do people feel they have the need take their anger out over the internet?

Go seek medical attention at your anger magagement facility at your local hospital or something!
 
BuffaloBoy said:
AGCoinHunter said:
Not high and mighty, I was replying to another noob who had replied and has now deleted it. My point is this has been discussed thousands of times on this forum and no one attempts to read and learn for themselves. Btw PD, I thought you quit this forum months ago?
You sir, need to calm down. Don't get over protective/excited over the topic. Just calm down and take big breaths... In... Out... In... Out... just a word of advise.

Geez, why do people feel they have the need take their anger out over the internet?

Go seek medical attention at your anger magagement facility at your local hospital or something!
Wow! A brand new one struttin it's stuff! In AG's defense, he's right, same 'ol questions from newb's over and over again.....if they would just take the time to read a few posts from the past, lots of questions will be answered. Personally, I saw no anger in AG's post....maybe a little frustration.
 
BuffaloBoy said:
AGCoinHunter said:
Not high and mighty, I was replying to another noob who had replied and has now deleted it. My point is this has been discussed thousands of times on this forum and no one attempts to read and learn for themselves. Btw PD, I thought you quit this forum months ago?
You sir, need to calm down. Don't get over protective/excited over the topic. Just calm down and take big breaths... In... Out... In... Out... just a word of advise.

Geez, why do people feel they have the need take their anger out over the internet?

Go seek medical attention at your anger magagement facility at your local hospital or something!

Umm, ok noob. I will get right on that. :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2:
 
Let's try to get back to topic here guys. I did in fact read through about 20 pages of posts and could not locate the post that matched the description.... That being said, box #2 only had 1 40%. My road trip today produced very well. I hit up about 10 banks which had about $300 in halves and $40 in Ikes. I ended up with 15 x 40% from the halves. The Ikes were skunks... I think I'll keep asking for them if they have them but never really expect anything other than clads.
 
Good score Quick$ilver :thumbsup:
HH...Miner
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom