What's new

picked up my 20 boxes today

silvercop

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2008
Messages
3,653
Reaction score
13
Golden Thread
0
Location
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
i picked up my 20 boxes today at lunch at the bank. i took them home and my wife and son have started them. slow results so far, i will be leaving work here in about 30 minutes and will join in the search. will post pics of my finds. hope i have another LJ day
 
Upvote 0
Wow, 20... Good luck!
 
Silvercop, I am surprise that the dump bank accept your coins. I mean 20 boxes.

I would had close your account long ago giving you cash or charge you for CHANGE ORDER per box.


But good for you that you can get away with it. I hope yo find alot of Silver on your 20 boxes. I will wait for the pictures.


Darth Walker
 
well, here are the results---little slow this week.

walkers--------none
bens-----------none
1964 kennedy----3
40% kennedy-----23

19 of the 20 boxes were skunks, all the silver came from one box :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch:
 
You are searching your own coins, coins that you dumped a couple of months ago. Mark many coins with today's date to see how long it will take to come back to you.
 
That one good box, beat my best box, by 2 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

One of these days your 20 box search is going to yield the biggest silver haul in the history of CRH. :hello2:
 
Yinzi50 said:
You are searching your own coins, coins that you dumped a couple of months ago. Mark many coins with today's date to see how long it will take to come back to you.
bad advice. I hate marked coin. You've been doing this long enough to know if you are getting your rejects. Unless you turned in some bounty, which explains the one good box.
HH
Gilbert
 
Silvercop, you will not learn to mark coins from the Jedi Coin Roll Hunters
but you can learn it from the Dark Side-Sith Side of CRH

Darth Walker
 
i would never take the time to mark coins...the way i see it i am bound to get back some of my dumps anyway. i already have a monster hunter in my town to deal with and he marks coins with a green sharpie across the face. get alot of his every time.
 
Yinzi50 said:
You are searching your own coins, coins that you dumped a couple of months ago. Mark many coins with today's date to see how long it will take to come back to you.

As said I marked a Hundred plus that dumped in same district am in and 4 months later got a bunch of them back, even 2 weeks after that big batch back got 4 boxes that had 1 of my marked in it; presently have a system where dump in a far far away district so do not mark anymore- don't figure they will be back here again. Do see alota other peoples marks though, and still find silver mixed in with their marks.
 
I guess I have to add a note for new CRHers lurking on this site:

Don't mark any coins in good shape if you really want to do a little tracking; Mark coins coming out of casino, we called casino halves. No one in the right mind would collect the beaten up casino coins.

I apalogize for a potentially misleading reply here.

SC, glad you need not and won't mark any coins.
 
That is what that Monster CRhunter is saying about you, " I am competing against a monster CRH that does not mark coins"

DW
 
That is tough SC but at least that last box came through for you. I had a similar week. I think I am getting closer to the middle of a pallet though. It comes in waves for me now.

Golden Silver
 
Yinzi50 said:
You are searching your own coins, coins that you dumped a couple of months ago. Mark many coins with today's date to see how long it will take to come back to you.

I've got a different idea that takes a little more effort, but does not do anything to the coins themselves.

Pick a couple of common (but not too common) varieties (picking something you get about 5 to 10 of per box fairly consistently would be best) and remove all of them from the batch you cash in. Cash in all of your removed varities at a different branch or if you picked something uncommon enough that you can hold onto a number of them for a little while only cash those in every month or two, at a bank with a different armored service if at all possible.

Keep track of you typical averages for these "common" coins that you are removing. If you notice the average of these removed coins either dropping significantly or in large numbers all at once you are most likely getting mostly your own coins back.
 
I marked a bunch of 97's & 76's and just about 4 months later got dozen or so back & the next week got one more back myself. My mark is, or was I mean as dump them far far away now so don't mark, was then a small black mark thru the WE TRUST.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom