What's new

Picked Up Some Books

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2008
Messages
7,826
Reaction score
7,076
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, I was sitting here at the house a couple nights ago and this lady I just met at my last show calls me and tells me someone had just brought in some books on artifacts into her shop and wanted to give them to someone who collected. She said she immediately thought of me. Today I go pick them up and I was blown away at what they are. Most of them are first editions of some very famous collectors and scholars of the past like Shetrone, Morehead, Veitzen, Payne, Mills, etc. I offered to pay and she said the guy insisted she give them to someone.

I look some some of them up and they aren't worth a lot but they range from 1905(Moreheads book) to 1957(Fossil Men). They are all fairly rough too but still great additions to the library.
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    638 KB · Views: 71
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    452.8 KB · Views: 55
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    372.1 KB · Views: 73
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    504.3 KB · Views: 63
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    374.3 KB · Views: 94
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    478.4 KB · Views: 60
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    253.7 KB · Views: 106
Upvote 0
Nice!! That should be some good reading. Several look good, but The Hopewell Mound Group of Ohio looks especially interesting.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
 
Those look fantastic! What a great score.
 
Those are all old classics. Nice catch. Gary
 
Nice! I find it hard to believe you're that likeable...




Kidding of course!
 
The Immortal Stone Age is a fun one to read. It doesn’t take long, but is an interesting snap shot of thinking of the time.
 
The Immortal Stone Age is a fun one to read. It doesn’t take long, but is an interesting snap shot of thinking of the time.

I looked through it briefly last night and he had some odd ideas. One that stood out was his assumption that Grooved Bar Weights were Handles.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom