Picking Out Cents With Ryedale?

Furismo

Dec 17, 2010
I might be buying a Ryedale machine in the near future but im worried about some things.

1. How do you go about picking out indians and wheats out of the copper pile? Is it possible for the machine to sort out wheats/ indians?
2. Is it true that the machine leaves marks/ scratches on coins?
3. Why can't the machine sort silver. I thought coin comparitors use a sample coin thus making the machine sort those types of coins that match the sample coin.
4. Why is the machine so expensive?
5. What is the nickel chute option for?

Upvote 0

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
Short answer to #4 is because it works like a charm.

There are many success stories on this forum of happy Ryedale owners who have sorted over a million pennies without many problems. Yes, you need to keep it clean(pennies are as dirty a coin as you can find),and you need to keep it lubed.

If you are thinking of spending the $$$ for a Ryedale, take 10 minutes and drop Andy at Ryedale an email. Give him 24 hours to respond(he does work for a living). Ask him about your concerns,he has been an excellent source for me and others. Jim

OP
OP
F

Furismo

Dec 17, 2010
I hope he dosen't get insulted by the questions, but I want to know what im getting if im going to blow $500+ on a machine :laughing7:.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Furismo said:
I hope he dosen't get insulted by the questions, but I want to know what im getting if im going to blow $500+ on a machine :laughing7:.

Your getting a machine you wont regret buying. Even when your done with it, you can just about get all your money back.

spjegues

Apr 22, 2010
ID, UT, NV
You can his new less costly option - the Ryedale sniper. I just gone one this week and I went through 5 boxes that I had piled up from hand sorting. You do have to hand drop them into the machine but I got going pretty fast was was doing about 2 rolls a minute or so. This runs around $150 or so and a lot less than the $500 option

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread