What's new

Pico Press??? Nope Nico Press

Swingit

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2007
Messages
671
Reaction score
9
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwestern, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac Sun Ray X-1, Tesoro Vaquero, Cibola, Tejon
I Found This Little Brass Tube Today.
Its Marked "Pico Press".
It Has Some Other Numbers And Letters On It. Part # I Think ???
It Has B&S On It Which May Stand For Brown & Sharpe. :icon_scratch:
What Is It For??
 

Attachments

  • Finds 018.webp
    Finds 018.webp
    40.9 KB · Views: 714
  • Finds 017.webp
    Finds 017.webp
    26.9 KB · Views: 566
  • Finds 019.webp
    Finds 019.webp
    32.6 KB · Views: 696

Attachments

  • Nicopress Sleeve.gif
    Nicopress Sleeve.gif
    2.6 KB · Views: 964
Upvote 0
Re: Pico Press??? No Nico Press

Yep It Says Nico.
Thanks!!!
HH!!
Swingit
 
Upvote 0
Re: Pico Press???

I agree with the Nico press part but ...
swages have a seperate slot for each part of the wire..running & the tail.
this maybe a stopper..other probs is,It is very thick & long to be a swag for the Dia of wire it can pass thru.

B&S im thinking briggs & stratton..

possibly an Valve Guide.

Due 2 almost every engine made has a unique intake & exhaust guide there are thousands of possibility's

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/202311515/Valve_Guide.html

this link just 2 show length vers dia & dia of holes & the many diff shapes.
 
Upvote 0
Here's a better pic. I think I see it. If there is any doubt read me the exact part number and Ill pull it up.
 

Attachments

  • nico press.gif
    nico press.gif
    53.9 KB · Views: 1,318
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
Here's a better pic. I think I see it. If there is any doubt read me the exact part number and Ill pull it up.
Part # 1-162-J
GRV-J
 
Upvote 0
Re: Pico Press???

goldguru said:
I agree with the Nico press part but ...
swages have a seperate slot for each part of the wire..running & the tail.
this maybe a stopper..other probs is,It is very thick & long to be a swag for the Dia of wire it can pass thru.

B&S im thinking briggs & stratton..

possibly an Valve Guide.

Due 2 almost every engine made has a unique intake & exhaust guide there are thousands of possibility's

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/202311515/Valve_Guide.html

this link just 2 show length vers dia & dia of holes & the many diff shapes.
I just used that pic because it said nicopress on it and it was the first pic I found. ;D It may look like a valve stem but it is not. Its a cable/wire crimp sleeve.
 
Upvote 0
Swingit said:
bigcypresshunter said:
Here's a better pic. I think I see it. If there is any doubt read me the exact part number and Ill pull it up.
Part # 1-162-J
GRV-J
http://74.125.113.132/search?q=cache:-8bojnk7cuYJ:www.nicopress.com/Storm.htm+Part+#+1-162-J+nico+press&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us


Sorry I posted a bad pic. Here is a better pic. http://www.macleanpower.com/products/item.asp?ITEM_ID=2165 http://www.macleanpower.com/products/item.asp?ITEM_ID=2165

Splicing Sleeves:

Nicopress Splicing Sleeves are used to splice a wide range of conductors which include copper, copper covered steel, Copperweld copper, galvanized steel and Amerductor. Each sleeve is marked with catalog number, conductor size and installation tool groove.
 

Attachments

  • nico press splicing sleeve.webp
    nico press splicing sleeve.webp
    2.8 KB · Views: 775
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
Swingit said:
bigcypresshunter said:
Here's a better pic. I think I see it. If there is any doubt read me the exact part number and Ill pull it up.
Part # 1-162-J
GRV-J
http://74.125.113.132/search?q=cache:-8bojnk7cuYJ:www.nicopress.com/Storm.htm+Part+#+1-162-J+nico+press&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us


http://74.125.113.132/search?q=cach...5+1-162-J+nico+press&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Sorry I posted a bad pic. Here is a better pic. http://www.macleanpower.com/products/item.asp?ITEM_ID=2165
Yep, This Is What Is!! Thanks bigcypresshunter :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Tension sleeve for number 6 solid copper wire. Compressed with a JPX tool, hence the "J" groove designation.
 
Upvote 0
Was in Mid Congrats on ID BC...& video Card Barfed on me.. nowtrying tothumbs my way onlaptop. spacebar lil broke here.
 
Upvote 0
Swingit said:
Yep, This Is What Is!! Thanks bigcypresshunter :thumbsup:
goldguru said:
Was in Mid Congrats on ID BC...& video Card Barfed on me.. nowtrying tothumbs my way onlaptop. spacebar lil broke here.
Likely Guy said:
Just like me to show up when the dust dies down. Great ID BigC!
Thanks. Just one letter will make a difference in the google search. Thats why good clear readable pics of front and back are of utmost importance. I got zilch on pico press.
 
Upvote 0
Now this is weird , we live 2500 miles apart and today i found the same thing ,must be an invasion ,my one
seeems to be copper , the lettering is 10 crwld
or 161
thru it in the garbage then got it out after reading your post, my first thought was that it was a shear pin, strange ???

tube.webp
 
Upvote 0
riverite said:
Now this is weird , we live 2500 miles apart and today i found the same thing ,must be an invasion ,my one
seeems to be copper , the lettering is 10 crwld
or 161
thru it in the garbage then got it out after reading your post, my first thought was that it was a shear pin, strange ???
They are probably used throughout the US. The 10 crwld number is not coming up. Maybe mnlineman can help. It may be a different brand.
 
Upvote 0
It's probably means 1/0 copperweld. These sleeves are very common. Been in use a long time and we have a shop full of them. I'll take a pic of what we stock and post it here later today.
 
Upvote 0
Here are the nico press sleeves we use, there are many others out there.

Top to bottom. #2 solid copper, #4 solid copper, #6 solid copper, #8 solid copper.

Pic of the compression tool.

Closeup of the grooves in the jaws, note the letter designation next to each groove.
 

Attachments

  • 119_1988.webp
    119_1988.webp
    75.6 KB · Views: 331
  • 119_1989.webp
    119_1989.webp
    90.6 KB · Views: 285
  • 119_1990.webp
    119_1990.webp
    52.1 KB · Views: 273
Upvote 0
Used them for 23yrs in a telecommunications company. 2 crimps to each side
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom