Pics from the trip

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Oh boy, this is gonna take me a couple days to get done- I gotta work at 5 am and I still need to unpack.

Jack and Lisa and their children were some of the nicest people I've met, glad they could join in.... I had as much fun showing them around as I think they did, if that makes any sense, LOL!

Here's a couple pics of some nuggies the kids found, Gold Trip 022.jpg
a bottle of whiskey found (never cracked!), Gold Trip 058.jpg
and a friendly river otter who showed up on my old claim. Gold Trip 016.jpg
I'll be back Monday with more, and a few stories to tell...

T

TreasureTales

Cool pix. Wish I could have joined you. Looks like the weather cooperated. So when is your next trip planned? LOL Quick, before gas reaches $5/gallon!

Leeame

Feb 8, 2007
Grants Pass OR
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra V3i
We had a blast!
This ole' gal out walked her teenagers ;D. We all went walking Friday and of course it was 1 mile down hill and 4 miles up hill, tee hee. Saturday morning all I hear is "MOM, my legs hurt! Mom my back hurts! Mom where's the asprin!" Of course you are only hearing one side of the story ::). Memories are what it is all about, & we have a boat-load full of them. Thanks Jeff for letting us tag along.

tootles
Lisa

OP
OP
Jeffro

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Letting you tag along? Shoot, I was running to keep up half the time, LOL!

Time to settle in and get to writing... ;)

hard rider

Feb 12, 2007
Thanks for the great time with you folks,Jack and Lisa,and children,awesome steak,that's quite a little trooper you got there Jeff,I think one of the high lights was Paul,WOW! That's what I'd call a Mountian Man,LOL,that was some cabin he had huh........Thanks for the good company and good time you-al,see ya again I'm sure,Mel and Leslie......

OP
OP
Jeffro

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Day 1-

We started off panning at the original meeting spot. This area produces lots of flour gold, a few flakes, and occasionally a picker piece or two. We never struck it rich :D but we had fun-

Jack and the boys trying out the sluices- Gold Trip 009.jpg

Here's Charlie with a nice flake he found- Gold Trip 011.jpg

And Pat panning out some flour- Gold Trip 012.jpg

Leeame

Feb 8, 2007
Grants Pass OR
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra V3i
Glad you could make it Mel & Lesley, we sure had great weather didn't we? Enjoyed your company.

See ya soon
Lisa & Jack

didijim

Dec 13, 2006
Lincoln City Oregon
Detector(s) used
garrett 500xta
looks like a fun place- getting together with others is great fun- used to horseback/trail ride and it was fun too. wish I had had my md then- what a trip that would have been

please let me know about the next trip- not sure I can go but really want to try. maybe up by newport on the beach or something????

blessings

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
I would have LOVED to have been there....I was, however having massive tests on my heart. It seems as though I had an infection attacking the heart valves and causing me a great deal of discomfort. It is going to take a bit, but I'm hoping the biggest part is over and done with.

I am SO happy that you all had a wonderful time. Maybe I can make the next one????

Nice seeing a bit of gold in those pans!

~Nash~

OP
OP
Jeffro

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Anytime! Next trip won't be for a bit as I have to get my vacation time built back up, unless you're available Mon-thurs. I'm thinking of hitting the Champion area next, probably several times. May make a trip down south shortly too.

Doggone Nash, your spring is shaping up like my winter. Doctors orders, no more medical problems! ;)

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Jeffro said:
Anytime! Next trip won't be for a bit as I have to get my vacation time built back up, unless you're available Mon-thurs. I'm thinking of hitting the Champion area next, probably several times. May make a trip down south shortly too.

Doggone Nash, your spring is shaping up like my winter. Doctors orders, no more medical problems! ;)

Well they say things come in 3s' right??????? I think I have had MY three this year....knock on wood. We have plenty of time left this year and one of these days I WILL be down there. I go every dang year. Funny thing is, we may have crossed paths. I know that on more than one occasion I have sat and lunched with someone who dropped in on camp or wherever I may have been at the time....more than likely up to my waist in muck and water, shovel in hand sluicin' away.

I am going to try and get out for a few minutes today and swing on the beach and maybe a local park or two.

Thanks for posting all of the pics of the outting. I really enjoyed them!

~Nash~

Leeame

Feb 8, 2007
Grants Pass OR
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra V3i
We are still talking about it! It was the only good weather so far this spring, or so it seems. We had our nuggets out tonight, ooh-ing and ahh-ing over them with the jewelers loop.

Son, Patrick, is out scouting us some areas to claim today and tomorrow. Hope he finds something worthwhile. Folks, next time, we'll ALL have a good time.

BTW Nash, get that ole' ticker healed up. Looking forward to meeting you.

tootles
Lisa & Jack & Crew
Grants Pass, OR

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Leeame said:
We are still talking about it! It was the only good weather so far this spring, or so it seems. We had our nuggets out tonight, ooh-ing and ahh-ing over them with the jewelers loop.

Son, Patrick, is out scouting us some areas to claim today and tomorrow. Hope he finds something worthwhile. Folks, next time, we'll ALL have a good time.

BTW Nash, get that ole' ticker healed up. Looking forward to meeting you.

tootles
Lisa & Jack & Crew
Grants Pass, OR

I am doing everything I can folks. I definitely appreciate the note and most certainly look forweard to an outting that I can attend and meet you all as well.
Happy hunting to you all and be well.

~Nash~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread