Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It's not just you. It was fine this morning but now when I try and post I get an error message.

OP
OP
Bass

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks CoilyGirl.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
Mac%20Weakley2%2025.01.jpg

I think it's you guys. 8-)

bass%u002520european%20%20Dicentrarchus%20labrax%20big%20fishes%20huge%20world%20record%20larges.jpg

bottlehunterofcoscob

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2012
Southern CT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Surf, I believe the first picture you posted is Dottie the famous largemouth bass from California. She was one of the heaviest recorded, but never entered as a record. Several people have caught this fish, but I think she was found dead two or three years ago.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Did she die of obesity from too many juicy,fat worms?:laughing7:

OP
OP
Bass

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know if they ever figured how she died. There were many anglers that traveled to california to try to catch her since she would have been the world record for largemouth bass. I think she was caught once but the catch was ruled as a "foul catch" and didn't count because the hook was not inside her mouth. She was a very popular fish for years.

bottlehunterofcoscob

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2012
Southern CT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know if they ever figured how she died. There were many anglers that traveled to california to try to catch her since she would have been the world record for largemouth bass. I think she was caught once but the catch was ruled as a "foul catch" and didn't count because the hook was not inside her mouth. She was a very popular fish for years. Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

I think there was an article in Bassmaster about her and her death. If I remember, they determined she was a very old fish. And Coily, this fish ate much more than worms!

OP
OP
Bass

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was one guy i read about that lived close to the lake where dottie resided. I can't remember how many actual hours he spent trying to catch her but it was astronomical. 2-3 hours every day after work and all day on the weekends. He was obsessed. (Sound familiar?)

bottlehunterofcoscob

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2012
Southern CT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was one guy i read about that lived close to the lake where dottie resided. I can't remember how many actual hours he spent trying to catch her but it was astronomical. 2-3 hours every day after work and all day on the weekends. He was obsessed. (Sound familiar?) Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

I can definitely relate to that. I've just sat in one place for hours after seeing a monster. It's one thing when you get a huge hit, but seeing the fish swim in front of you is painful. So yes, I have spent hours obsessed with fish. A giant smallie comes to my mind. I was on Canadaigua Lake in the Finger Lakes region of NY and the water is crystal clear, you can see everything, and I saw a giant smallie, like 7lb if I had to guess. I stayed in that same place and couldn't bring myself to give up.

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My biggest bass is only a 1/3 the size of Dottie.My bass all came from small local farm ponds in South Central Pa. Except the smallie came from a local creek.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 62

Troutmanhambone

Jan 30, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My biggest bass is only a 1/3 the size of Dottie.My bass all came from small local farm ponds in South Central Pa. Except the smallie came from a local creek.
whereabouts in central pa? I fish farm ponds in mt holly, gardners, newville, and newburg. Along with the conodoguinet in Carlisle

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Outside of Gettysburg and Fairfield.

The Orrtanna pond has some huge bass,just never hooked into them.It's also stocked with some nice trout.
We caught theses last Spring.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 71
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 76

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest: