What's new

pig

wstgo

Full Member
Joined
May 3, 2011
Messages
157
Reaction score
14
Golden Thread
0
Location
Canastota, New York
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
anyone know what this is?
 

Attachments

  • Pig badge2.webp
    Pig badge2.webp
    23 KB · Views: 555
  • Pig badge2.webp
    Pig badge2.webp
    23 KB · Views: 520
  • back of pig.webp
    back of pig.webp
    15.5 KB · Views: 257
  • side view.webp
    side view.webp
    5.3 KB · Views: 181
big question
is this a solid pc or is it stamped - guessing is stamped and hollow due to flat nose
can we see the back?
is the back flat and solid or is it hollow?
Brady
 
Upvote 0
bradyboy said:
is it possible it could be an award?
blue ribbon attached to the loop
country fair award
is it heavy?
Brady

I like the award suggestion :icon_thumright:

I'm pretty sure if that piece was meant to have a ribbon attached, the slot would be at the bottom and not at the top.
 
Upvote 0
not sure I agree
if it was a award ribbon, to hang, lets say around the neck, the award would be at the bottom
A ribbon award would be at the top, but a award medallion would be at the bottom
Also, wouldn't a watch fob be more solid rather than simply stamped?

Brady
 
Upvote 0
bradyboy said:
not sure I agree
if it was a award ribbon, to hang, lets say around the neck, the award would be at the bottom
A ribbon award would be at the top, but a award medallion would be at the bottom
Also, wouldn't a watch fob be more solid rather than simply stamped?

Brady

Ahh, I guess when you stated "award ribbon", I thought of just that, a ribbon.. in which case the slot would be at the bottom. If it's being worn around the neck it would be considered a medal, in which case.. the slot would be at the top. :wink:
 
Upvote 0
bradyboy said:
is it possible it could be an award?
blue ribbon attached to the loop
country fair award
Sounds good. History hunter found a different pig.
 

Attachments

  • pig medal.webp
    pig medal.webp
    26 KB · Views: 185
Upvote 0
I think it could be that someone liked pigs so they had something made like that for a pocket watch, charm or whatever it is, or an award at a fair for the best bred pig. All just a guess! :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom