What's new

Pin help.

Garabaldi

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2009
Messages
2,382
Reaction score
100
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Whites Pulse Diver, ETRAC.
One says Mt. Washington COG Railway. I think it says COG. :icon_scratch: The other two look similar, but one has three lines of lettering and the only two lines. The one with green on it says Lost River ????????. I can't make out the word under it. Seems like they are to tourist sites in the US. :dontknow:
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1970.webp
    IMG_1970.webp
    35.8 KB · Views: 298
  • IMG_1966.webp
    IMG_1966.webp
    31.7 KB · Views: 284
  • IMG_1969.webp
    IMG_1969.webp
    34.6 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_1968.webp
    IMG_1968.webp
    40.7 KB · Views: 277
I dont know what they are but at least two are from New Hampshire. Anything on the backs?
 
Upvote 0
Nothing on the back, its worn away. You got it and the other says Ole Man On The Mountain. :icon_thumleft: They must have been part of a bracelet possibly. :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
Do you get "whatsits" in bulk at Costco or Sams????
 
Upvote 0
Well, besides the whatsit store near my site, also I am not very knowledgable on things you find with a metal detector. :-\
 
Upvote 0
It makes us look good but I think the green check is a little too soon. I would like to see the whole bracelet. What does the second one say after Lost River? Did you find these all in one hole or at the beach?
 
Upvote 0
Same area, but not in the same hole. Your right I took the green check off. I thought you were refering to the green one and Mt Washington one as the two from NH. I am not sure what the word is under Lost River. :dontknow: I assume its NH also, but not sure. :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
I think all 3 are N.H. but I am missing the word after Lost River.
 
Upvote 0
Walking stick badge?
 

Attachments

  • cymruwalkbadge.webp
    cymruwalkbadge.webp
    16.7 KB · Views: 236
Upvote 0
Ski Pins?
 

Attachments

  • molson-molstar-gold-ski-racing-pins-1978-79.webp
    molson-molstar-gold-ski-racing-pins-1978-79.webp
    36.4 KB · Views: 252
Upvote 0
Garabaldi said:
Well, besides the whatsit store near my site, also I am not very knowledgable on things you find with a metal detector. :-\

No kidding? :icon_pirat:
 
Upvote 0
Probably all NH, since Old Man on the Mountain was New Hampshire (saying WAS, because it fell down awhile back).

There is a Lost River Gorge in New Hampshire (part of the White Mountains).

B
 

Attachments

  • newhampshire-lostrivergorge4.webp
    newhampshire-lostrivergorge4.webp
    20.6 KB · Views: 382
Upvote 0
mrs.oroblanco said:
Probably all NH, since Old Man on the Mountain was New Hampshire (saying WAS, because it fell down awhile back).

There is a Lost River Gorge in New Hampshire (part of the White Mountains).

B
Theres also a Lost River Canyon. The last letter appears to be H but I cant fit in the word between.
 
Upvote 0
It appear to say LOST RIVER _______MTS.N.H.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1969.webp
    IMG_1969.webp
    34.6 KB · Views: 210
Upvote 0
I think it says LOST RIVER WHITE MTS.N.H.

Can you ski at all 3 places?
 
Upvote 0
That might be it.

I've been to a Lost Canyon - but it was not in NH - it was over the line, in Canada.

I think they may be like hat pins - the kind people collect when they have been somewhere, as a tourist.

B
 
Upvote 0
mrs.oroblanco said:
That might be it.

I've been to a Lost Canyon - but it was not in NH - it was over the line, in Canada.

I think they may be like hat pins - the kind people collect when they have been somewhere, as a tourist.

B
Sorry I meant to say Lost River Gorge NH and Lost River Boulder Caves. I was googling but couldnt match it. I think we got it now.
 
Upvote 0
By george, I think we've got it.

My aunt used to live about 20 minutes from the gorge was I was a younger person. :icon_shaking2:

B
 
Upvote 0
My vote is 3 hat pins:

1- MT. WASHINGTON COG RAILWAY

2- LOST RIVER WHITE MTS.N.H.

3- OLD MAN ON THE MOUNTAIN
 
Upvote 0
Ok, I agree 100%. I am now going to green check it. :icon_thumleft: :notworthy:
Thank you all for the help. Finding things, but not knowing what they are is hell. :coffee2:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom