What's new

pinpointer question

ohdigger

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2009
Messages
87
Reaction score
42
Golden Thread
0
Location
south east .ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT & sovereign gt
was wondering if anybody on t-net uses or is familiar with detectorpro pistol probe.do you like or dislike
thanks for your opinion
 
I've been using one for over a year now. It's by far the best pinpointer that I've owned. I had a sunray probe for a whites machine I owned (QXT Pro) and liked it to. It didn't have nearly the depth of the pistol probe but it worked with your detectors settings and didn't take batteries. Some people complain that the pistol probe is overkill and goes too deep but if you've ever had a signal drift when trying to dig it you will know the advantage of having the extra depth. It'll keep you from hacking up a nice coin by letting you know where it is long before you are right on top of it, besides you can adjust the depth anyways. It has 3 simple knobs to adjust and once adjusted you usually never have to re-adjust.

Sometimes you lose a deep signal after digging out 8 inches of dirt and disturbing the soil matrix, so you wave your coil over the hole and nothing's there. With most pinpointers you're screwed and are going to have to keep digging til you hopefully get a signal with your pinpointer or get it out of the hole and get it with your detector's coil (hopefully you didn't scratch the coin in the process). On big silver, it'll pick it up at 6 inches plus. I know this from an 1906 Barner half I just found a week ago and posted in the Illinois forum. It was at a foot deep (Honestly) and in F-15 condition. It would have sucked if I gouged that one and I might of because it was at an angle in the ground so my detector didn't pinpoint it accurately and was it off to the side of the hole a little.

Sorry to be so long winded but I wanted to make the case for the pistolprobe because it's in a class by itself in my opinion.
HH
John
 
I have had one for a year and I like it. It will pick up coins around 5 inches strong. If it will not find it, I scoop off a few inches and then it finds it every time. Small things are hard to find with it in a hole or on the ground staples, hairpins, and things like that will run you nuts. On coin digs, my plugs are around 3 inch. The price is up there but I would be lost without mine.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom