Pinpointer that air tests over 2" on dime?

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
Does one exist? My several year old Harbor Freight Cen-Tech air tests 2" on a dime, as do the over $100 Garrett AT & PP2, & White's TRX pinpointers. As I can pry a coin up a coin from 3"-4" with my screwdriver once it is located, I wish a pocket PP would go beyond 2". Is my only other option to only use round concentric coils? Or maybe DD would be OK if 4"-5" diameter?

I really don't want a pinpointer that attaches on to the detector, as I don't want to pay $200 or add weight to the detector. If a pinpointer was 1" or so wide at the bottom, would that be big enough to increase depth? All thoughts appreciated. Best wishes.

Last edited:

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does one exist? My several year old Harbor Freight Cen-Tech air tests 2" on a dime, as do the over $100 Garrett AT & PP2, & White's TRX pinpointers. As I can pry a coin up a coin from 3"-4" with my screwdriver once it is located, I wish a pocket PP would go beyond 2". Is my only other option to only use round concentric coils? Or maybe DD would be OK if 4"-5" diameter?

I really don't want a pinpointer that attaches on to the detector, as I don't want to pay $200 or add weight to the detector. If a pinpointer was 1" or so wide at the bottom, would that be big enough to increase depth? All thoughts appreciated. Best wishes.
The XP MI-6 can go about 4" on a dime if it's paired with the XP Deus and cranked up to a sensitivity of 50 (max).

Oftentimes, I'll pinpoint with my detector and then stick my pinpointer to the ground just to finalize the location. I can then pop a plug no more than an inch or two in diameter.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The new (yet to be released) pulse induction pin-pointers from Teknetics and Fisher will hit a coin to 4 inches on max setting.

So I've heard anyways... :thumbsup:

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The new (yet to be released) pulse induction pin-pointers from Teknetics and Fisher will hit a coin to 4 inches on max setting.

So I've heard anyways... :thumbsup:

At sens=2 (default) the new Fisher is getting:

10c -- 2.50"
25c -- 2.75"
5c -- 3.25"

Add 1/2" to each for sens=3, subtract 1/2" from each for sens=1.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My test unit may or may not have been a 1/2 inch hotter than that. I can't seem to remember.... :dontknow: :occasion14:

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you guys leak us some more info on them there new detectors they are working on ! lol

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My test unit may or may not have been a 1/2 inch hotter than that. I can't seem to remember.... :dontknow: :occasion14:

You could just make a video of it in action and show us then that would take your memory out of it. You do still remember how to do that dont you ??:headbang:

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you guys leak us some more info on them there new detectors they are working on ! lol

I'm sorry - the plumber just visited that section of the house. No leaks over there. :laughing7:

You could just make a video of it in action and show us then that would take your memory out of it. You do still remember how to do that dont you ??:headbang:

Fine. You twisted my arm. I'll throw a video up Monday/Tuesday. Stay tuned!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread