SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Garrett Pro-Pointer AT has never let me down...

pinpointer.jpg

MrBeep

Greenie
Jan 23, 2023
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
QUEST XPointer PRO, I could spend hours talking great things about it. And It's submersible up to 200ft. (60m). its price really worth it.

MrBeep

Greenie
Jan 23, 2023
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What detection depth does it get, in inches, on coins?
Not sure about it now. It depends on the size of the coin, and I'm not used to use inches as a measurement, should be around 7cm. But I took the decision of buying QUEST thanks to some YouTube videos comparing some different pointers. I was considering XP MI-6, QUEST and Garrett. I chose Quest because I can use it for diving activities as well. Sure you can find a video with more exact information.

edit to add:

The Quest XPointer uses Pulse Induction as its detection method, so it's almost totally blind to mineralized ground. A pulse induction machine will completely ignore hot rocks. This is particularly useful on a beach because of the mineralization caused by saltwater, when others fail...

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
Not sure about it now. It depends on the size of the coin, and I'm not used to use inches as a measurement, should be around 7cm. But I took the decision of buying QUEST thanks to some YouTube videos comparing some different pointers. I was considering XP MI-6, QUEST and Garrett. I chose Quest because I can use it for diving activities as well. Sure you can find a video with more exact information.

edit to add:

The Quest XPointer uses Pulse Induction as its detection method, so it's almost totally blind to mineralized ground. A pulse induction machine will completely ignore hot rocks. This is particularly useful on a beach because of the mineralization caused by saltwater, when others fail...
Pulse induction is good. I love my F-Pulse. Good reliable depth. Thanks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions