What's new

pipe tomahawk

stingray69

Tenderfoot
Joined
Sep 26, 2015
Messages
4
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello guys
My grandfather gave me this pipe tomahawk long time ago and I would like to hear some opinions.
Is it real period ?
Thanks

mini-P9260001.webpmini-P9260002.webpmini-P9260003.webpmini-P9260004.webpmini-P9260005.webpmini-P9260006.webpmini-P9260007.webpmini-P9260008.webp
 
Upvote 0
I can't tell you it's age but it sure looks nice to me. steve
 
even if a re-pro it is a keeper...unusual too...not too functional as an axe

here is a similar handle

Native American Pipe Tomahawk

does it smell or show signs of use?
 
http://www.furtradetomahawks.com/
You'll want to check out that address and read everything Miller has to say.

The huge cutout in the blade looks suspect for a period piece to me, I'm hardly an expert, good luck
 
Are there any maker marks on it?

I've never seen one with that much of the blade cut out. Most cut-outs were hearts & other small shapes, but they left the bulk of the blade intact.
 
Thank you guys
If anyone interested,it's on Ebay now
(link removed for rule violation)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Just a question, has this symbolic NA pipe / tomahawk been verified or authenticated?

It's maybe a Hollywood knockoff and potential buyer's might be duped.

This post nor the EBay listing provides a provenance.
 
From what I can see it doesn't look to be a period piece. Like others have said it's not a workable item and the checkering design on the stem does not go with the time period.
 
Thank you guys
If anyone interested,it's on Ebay now
(link removed for rule violation)

Stingray, sorry but only charter members are allowed to post links to their ebay sales...
 
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom