piqua ohio

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunted a very small portion of the farm land next to Johnston farm, today. Found a boat load of square nails. I haven't gotten out into the field as yet. I did stand up on a hill that overlooks the old canal and looked down at where the fort was suppose to be. It is of course off limits to hunt. State historical area.

I couldn't help but think how many Indians and French and British came through right were I was standing. They had to have more in their pockets than nails. ;D

I'll stumble upon a honey hole before summer is out.

HH
Ken

warwagon72

Aug 17, 2006
Hamilton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's DFX / Sunray DX-1, 9.5, 6X10, 4X6 coils. Bulls eye backup
;D Greetings and Happy thaw. Got out yesterday, it was great to be out in sunshine. And to be swing'n again. Found Nemo and about 2 bucks of clad. School playgrounds never ending source of pull tabs and foil.

P

pickaway

Yeah its just buried out there somewhere Kas, good luck on the hunt.

acevillav

May 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Warwagon72, I feel your pain with playgrounds . I dug a bazillion bobbie pins yesterday BUT I was rewarded with a 1943 P war nickle and 65 cents in clad. Keep the faith amigo can't find treasure if you don't look :D

Acevillav

poonpanman

Mar 28, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I Live about a mile or so from this site ,and are good friends with the site mananger
I am not even allowed to hunt this great site

Troy307

Tenderfoot
Mar 29, 2007
Piqua, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Hi Mike. I live in the big city of Fletcher. About 5 miles from Piqua. I don't think they allow metal detecting at Johnson's Farm, but I have thought about how good that place would be also. Back in the early 80's I got a fine for coon hunting there. Anyways, are we allowed to hunt along the canal and the parks in Piqua? Just got my new MXT today.:) Troy

OP
OP
buckeyehunter

buckeyehunter

Jan 29, 2005
Lancaster, Ohio
Detector(s) used
e-trac
troy,
I am not sure about metal detecting in piqua around the parks and canal, for some reason it seems like KAS and I were discussing that and it isnt allowed??? am I remembering correctly??

Best thing to do is call the parks Dept. some citys will let you, some wont, I called last year and you can hunt tipp city, have done some there, pulled out a buffalo.

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No! you cannot hunt the Piqua city parks.

They have an ordinace, and signs posted.

GroundSnooper

Mar 10, 2007
St. Paris, Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, XLT, MXT, GMT. Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Troy307 said:
Hi Mike. I live in the big city of Fletcher. About 5 miles from Piqua. I don't think they allow metal detecting at Johnson's Farm, but I have thought about how good that place would be also. Back in the early 80's I got a fine for coon hunting there. Anyways, are we allowed to hunt along the canal and the parks in Piqua? Just got my new MXT today.:) Troy

Hey Troy307, I am just up the road from you in St. Paris! Small world. We should get together and do some hunting. ;D

Spfld01

May 27, 2007
Springfield, Columbus Area
Detector(s) used
White Prizm v
Hi guys
I am from the Springfield area, and I am also new to the Metal Detecting.
I have found that if the State has anything to do with a park you are not allowed to use a Metal Detector in it, unless it is around a sandy beach area.
CJ Brown State Park does have a large beach but is hunted on a regular base's. Also the Rangers watch you like a hawk and will ask you to leave if the see you near the grass with a Metal Detector. These same rangers also patrol the Clifton Gorge, & John Bryon State Park in Yellow Springs.
The Springfield City Parks are open for Metal Detecting except for the ball fields, Golfing areas or any fenced in areas.
Happy Hunting

OP
OP
buckeyehunter

buckeyehunter

Jan 29, 2005
Lancaster, Ohio
Detector(s) used
e-trac
A lot of comments have been made that there is no hunting in parks..... I am completely aware of the rules and regulations concerning parks such as this, when I started this thread there wasnt ANYTHING posted under Ohio and I just wanted to get some conversation going and although you can not hunt the park, you can hunt private property all around the park if you can gain permission and all I am saying is in this situation, who cares about the park! there is so much history in this general area that it would be incredible just to hunt any part of the area surrounding the park.

spfld - welcome to treasurenet! be careful or you will be addicted to detecting and treasurenet! :)

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
I've been there and pulled my detector out...a sign say NO Metal Deterctors...check and you will see it and do what I did, put the detector away and go somewhere else!! I have noticed others have already mentioned it tho!! I have hunted Tipp City a few times and nothing but a few wheaties and clad! Found gold in Springfield and have hunte Huber Heights, Dayton and along 70 and 75 so pick a city and I've been there at least once, but not in the last year or so!!

bedpanmoneyman

Jun 17, 2007
Lebanon, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Mike,

I live in Lebanon and took up the hobby in January. I saw where you have a brother in Clarksville and hunt there sometimes. I go through there all the time. I retired for Clinton Memorial Hospital in Wilmington in February. I'm trying to locate better sites to hunt. SO far I've practiced in parks and have accumulated over 220 coins and other junk...ready to move on to better stuff. Have you ever hunted that old school building in Clarksville?

Bill Baecker
[email protected]

warwagon72

Aug 17, 2006
Hamilton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's DFX / Sunray DX-1, 9.5, 6X10, 4X6 coils. Bulls eye backup
Kas said:
Warwagon, Absolutely.

I don't think three of us could manage to hunt a hundred acres, (at least), so four of us, now set for the first trip, pending the right weekend or wheather, and who can show up, will give it a go.

The four who are interested in going might like to read this, or anyone history hungry.

http://www.tdn-net.com/tdnadmin/tdnhtml/html/genealogy/stories/hist1909/chap-02.htm

It is long, but you may understand more about the hunt area. The farm land that we'll hunt, I'm sure, was part of Johnston Prarie at the time. The mill to be hunted is close, real close, to the old fort site.

So when we four agree to go, we'll do it.

Kas
KAS,
So what's happening? When are we going hunting? ??? Almost to hot now.

treasuredog

Oct 21, 2004
Leetonia Ohio
Detector(s) used
minelab xterra 70,whites xlt,minelab quattro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im here in leetonia ohio. I like parks mostly in the woods. Ohio is an old styate with great finds!

stringfrenzy

Jun 8, 2006
NW OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus CTX Excalibur II E-Trac White's DFX Garrett Ultra GTAx 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wanted to drop in and say hello to all the other Ohio members chatting in this thread. NW Ohio Mercer county here. I frequent quite a few forums so don't get the chance to post real often sometimes. Am always on the watch and reading though it seems.

HH to all

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread