Pirate Earnings Forbes Top 10

Satori

Aug 1, 2007
Anywhere there's treasure
Booty bigwigs

The Top 10 colonial-era pirates in terms of wealth (in 2008 dollars), as determined by Forbes magazine:

1. Samuel "Black Sam" Bellamy: $120 million

2. Sir Francis Drake: $115 million

3. Thomas Tew: $103 million

4. John Bowen: $40 million

5. Bartholomew "Black Bart" Roberts: $32 million

6. Jean Fleury: $31.5 million

7. Thomas White: $16 million

8. John Halsey: $13 million

9. Harry Morgan: $13 million

10. Edward "Blackbeard" Teach: $12.5 million

21stTNCav

Apr 11, 2006
Tennessee/Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov / Fisher CZ-70 Pro/Fisher CZ 20
Man, Forbes sucks!!! I don't think they could find there rear with both hands placed on it. What I am talkin about is no JEAN LAFAYETTE!!!! Dude, that's just wrong!! :D :wink:( Yeah, I know I may have gotten Jean's last name wrong. Spelling never was my strong suit.)

bradyboy

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2007
Clearwater, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First of all,
I seriously doubt that Forbes would produce such a list
would like to see a link to said article
second of all,
to say Forbes sucks as a very ignorant and uneducated statement.
Is your subscription to High times delivered to your trailer or your PO box?
Brady

21stTNCav

Apr 11, 2006
Tennessee/Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov / Fisher CZ-70 Pro/Fisher CZ 20
Second of all:
Brady boy, please, stop by Sears or another chain store on your way home today and purchase a sense of humor. (That's what the smiley face icons are for, to indicate levity.) I am a Physical Therapist and work in Texas. I did not get where I am by being uneducated or reading High times. I do believe that not taking life seriously all the time has helped me relate to my patients better.
In retrospect the statement that Forbes sucks could find quite a bit of merit considering our nations financal situation. I suppose people like you and Barney Frank are subscribers to Forbes!! :tongue3:

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
fomocofords said:
Second of all:
Brady boy, please, stop by Sears or another chain store on your way home today and purchase a sense of humor. (That's what the smiley face icons are for, to indicate levity.) I am a Physical Therapist and work in Texas. I did not get where I am by being uneducated or reading High times. I do believe that not taking life seriously all the time has helped me relate to my patients better.
In retrospect the statement that Forbes sucks could find quite a bit of merit considering our nations financal situation. I suppose people like you and Barney Frank are subscribers to Forbes!! :tongue3:
Good reply ;D ;D :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread