What's new

Pistol Barrel

Dig em all

Full Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2009
Messages
135
Reaction score
8
Golden Thread
0
Barrel lenght 3" Any Ideas from what Mfg./year?
Coin052.jpg


Coin051.jpg
 
Try electrolysis there is a chance you could get some words or a maker's mark? HH :icon_thumright:
Broken Knee
 
Upvote 0
From looking at it right now, it looks like it could be a top break revolver with a rib across the top of the barrel.

Mike
USAF Retired
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
ffuries said:
From looking at it right now, it looks like it could be a top break revolver with a rib across the top of the barrel.

Mike
USAF Retired

Agreed. Perhaps an Iver Johnson, or similar revolver, dating from the late 1800's to around turn of the Century.
 
Upvote 0
I agree with Mike. My first impression was maybe a Schofield S&W?
 
Upvote 0
Breezie said:
Broken knee said:
Try electrolysis there is a chance you could get some words or a maker's mark? HH :icon_thumright:
Broken Knee

I certainly agree with BrokenKnee; I am a firm believer in electrolysis after what I saw on my Sambo cap gun. If you missed the post, here it is:
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,423067.0.html

Nice find, Breezie

Thats the nicest cap gun I ever saw and totally amazed what you were able to do with it! I however am having difficulty with the electrolysis proses neg. to relic pos.to anode/sacrificial rod in a plastic bucket with backing powder? or does it have to be "washing soda"?
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom