D deedubs Jr. Member Joined Nov 18, 2014 Messages 48 Reaction score 72 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Apr 21, 2015 #1 A first for me, I've found a few rifle plates before but never one of these. Looks like a British Sea Service pistol plate? Upvote 8
A first for me, I've found a few rifle plates before but never one of these. Looks like a British Sea Service pistol plate?
Ahab8 Gold Member Joined Oct 15, 2013 Messages 8,427 Reaction score 8,293 Golden Thread 2 Location Topsham, Maine 🥇 Banner finds 2 Detector(s) used Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Apr 21, 2015 #2 Wow that's a very cool relic. Early style too
D deedubs Jr. Member Joined Nov 18, 2014 Messages 48 Reaction score 72 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Apr 21, 2015 Thread Owner #3 Yeah, I'm really thrilled with it! Is there a way of getting a rough idea of a date for these?
BuckleBoy Platinum Member Joined Jun 12, 2006 Messages 18,159 Reaction score 9,723 Golden Thread 4 Location Moonlight and Magnolias 🥇 Banner finds 4 Detector(s) used Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Apr 21, 2015 #4 I agree on the time frame. Certainly c.1800-1820 time frame. GREAT find! I dug my first pistol butt plate a couple years ago. Congrats! -Buck
I agree on the time frame. Certainly c.1800-1820 time frame. GREAT find! I dug my first pistol butt plate a couple years ago. Congrats! -Buck
UnderMiner Silver Member Joined Jul 27, 2014 Messages 4,481 Reaction score 12,347 Golden Thread 2 Location New York City 🥇 Banner finds 2 Detector(s) used Minelab Excalibur II, Equinox 800 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Apr 21, 2015 #5 Cool! Wonder if it ever struck someone over the head, those old single shot pistols were often turned into clubs after the shot was fired.
Cool! Wonder if it ever struck someone over the head, those old single shot pistols were often turned into clubs after the shot was fired.
rich f Full Member Joined May 29, 2013 Messages 215 Reaction score 387 Golden Thread 1 Location mass 🥇 Banner finds 1 Detector(s) used dfx 300 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Apr 22, 2015 #6 thats one of my bucket list ,good going