What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Pistol or Cap Gun?

BuckleBoy

Platinum Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2006
Messages
18,159
Reaction score
9,723
Golden Thread
4
Location
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
4
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
00313917-4A6E-4728-B562-0AF16363C08B.webp
 
It sure does need some TLC to take off the build up of crud.
 
Upvote 1
It sure does need some TLC to take off the build up of crud.
Yeah it does. I’m gonna see if I can get this in the tank and how much I can do
 
Upvote 1
looks similar to one I dug a bunch of years ago....thought it was a real one but was not to be. The early cap guns were made of heavy iron and not pot metal, so I was fooled. Mine cleaned up good, this was it near the end of its conservation....looks like yours.
DSC00002.webp
DSC00025.webp
DSC00019.webp
 
Upvote 6
Upvote 2
Upvote 1
Only electrolysis knows for sure! 😂 Post her up when done cooking it.
 
Upvote 1
Man! It's hard to tell what it is for sure. Congratulations and I look forward to seeing the results of your clean-up!
 
Upvote 0
Only electrolysis knows for sure! 😂 Post her up when done cooking it.
Will do! One day I’m gonna get an early 20th c. pistol, I can feel it!
 
Upvote 1

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Still not sure
Replies
17
Views
1K
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Cap gun cylinder?
Replies
20
Views
1K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom