Pittsburgh Suburbs cough up an Ancient Order of Hibernians medal!

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got a permission in Mt Lebanon, a hundred year old house, with a pristine lawn and very few targets. Lots of clad, a few wheats, and a 1920 slick Merc made my day.
The winner was this medal…. So I guess they had a track meet for some reason :dontknow:. The details on reverse….28th Annual Meet. Kennywood Park
June 25, 1932. 16 lb Shot Open. Awesome!
If anyone can give me more insight to this treasure, I’d appreciate!!!
Thanks for looking!:hello:

Attachments

• IMG_4609.jpeg
    IMG_4609.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 92
  • IMG_4610.jpeg
    IMG_4610.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 67
  • IMG_4608.jpeg
    IMG_4608.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 66
Upvote 22
Got a permission in Mt Lebanon, a hundred year old house, with a pristine lawn and very few targets. Lots of clad, a few wheats, and a 1920 slick Merc made my day.
The winner was this medal…. So I guess they had a track meet for some reason :dontknow:. The details on reverse….28th Annual Meet. Kennywood Park
Cool medal and a Merc! Nice. I have never heard of the A.O.H. before. Sounds like it was an Irish Catholic men’s association particularly involved with coal mining safety. Makes sense since most of Mt Lebanon was coal mining land. I actually live in the neighboring suburb, 5 minutes away, and live in a neighborhood on top of an old mine. I find old miners artifacts all the time. Good luck in the Burgh!!!

Nice finds and permission.

Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Great and unusual finds. That Mercury dime has seen a lot of use in its day. Congratulations! Thanks for sharing.

The medal is a very cool find. Yes, most of the lawns in Mt. Lebo are pristine. I live about 3 miles from there.

Congrats Dave....nice keepers. That medal is a beauty.

16 lb shot... dang that's heavy. Back when I was kid, a friend of mine got hit in the forehead with an 8 lb shot that some high school guy chunked without making sure the area was clear first. About like getting hit with a cannon ball.

Anyway, that's a cool find

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back