Pizza Delivery Driver Shoots and Kills Armed Robber

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pizza Delivery Driver Shoots and Kills Armed Robber

OCTOBER 24*2013
BY*DAN CANNON

An attempt to ambush a pizza delivery driver in a suspected robbery attempt did not go the way the suspect wanted it to.

According to Click on Detroit, a suspected armed robber selected a home at random and had a pizza delivered there.

When the driver pulled into the driveway, the armed suspect confronted him.

That confrontation ended with the suspect being shot and killed. The delivery driver, as well as several residents of the home where the incident took place, were also unharmed.

According to the Click on Detroit article,

A woman who did not want to be identified told Local 4 it was her 20-year-old nephew who had been shot and killed. She said her nephew likely used the home at random to set up the delivery driver. She didn’t say whether she knew if her nephew was acting alone or with someone else.

It’s unclear which pizza company the driver worked for, however many of the larger companies have policies in place which prohibit their drivers from carrying firearms, despite the fact that drivers are often targeted in robbery attempts.

This is the 36th defensive gun use we’ve documented in the state of Michigan.

[Video] Pizza Delivery Driver Shoots and Kills Armed Robber

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't dare try that job unless I was packing.

You and me both, I would be packing......

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice to see the good guys win once in a while!

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was a quite a few of those type robberies in Va Beach area last winter.. I haven't heard much lately.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well never mind. Still all the rage. At least this one was a stun gun.. I would definitely have one in the pipe when delivering.

"http://www.wvec.com/my-city/vabeach/Delivery-driver-in-Va-Beach-hit-by-stun-gun-robbed--220226621.html"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread