What's new

Pizza night in America…

Blackfoot58

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2023
Messages
6,193
Reaction score
15,844
Golden Thread
0
Location
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My creation tonight: homemade crust with homemade marinara sauce, mozzarella, barbecued chicken, roasted mushrooms and onions, topped with sauerkraut. Of course a sprinkling of Italian dried herbs.🍕🍺
 

Attachments

  • 1E7B3417-5439-44BB-A700-709AEE868F5F.webp
    1E7B3417-5439-44BB-A700-709AEE868F5F.webp
    1 MB · Views: 153
I like kraut, but not on pizza
 
Nice!

When not wanting to make a pizza at home we go here.

Brookings is an awesome little town to visit on the Oregon coast, but many travelers don’t know it has a secret: it’s home to the fabulous Wild River Pizza, a third generation pizza parlor that has gourmet pizza, craft beer, delicious sandwiches, and ‘brownies to die for’.

 
My creation tonight: homemade crust with homemade marinara sauce, mozzarella, barbecued chicken, roasted mushrooms and onions, topped with sauerkraut. Of course a sprinkling of Italian dried herbs.🍕🍺
sounds delicious to me, but where are the ghost peppers?
 
He had me till mushrooms.

Sheesh man Blackfoot... you get heartburn ? ? ?
Acid reflux sometimes. 🔥
 
  • Like
Reactions: ARC
My favorite is anchovy, onion and double jalapeños. Green olives are good with it too.
 
Do you have a pizza steel to cook it on? We enjoy making homemade pizza, but upped our results 1000% after getting a pizza steel!
 
Do you have a pizza steel to cook it on? We enjoy making homemade pizza, but upped our results 1000% after getting a pizza steel!
I use a thick pizza stone sometimes. It just depends. Detroit-style and Grandma-style I do in pans. For most of my others I use a flexible, grill mat. I think it is copper and silicone. The steel plates do a super job as well. There are so many nuances that can subtly change a pizza: dough ingredients, oil/no oil, rise time, top or bottom of oven, etc. I experiment a lot.
 
You would definitely "passssss" after eating the pizza combo with 'kraut ..:laughing7:
Goes great with a big bowl of Texas Red (chili).
 
Well Two nights ago we had Pork and Kraut :) It was GREAT !!
 
I’m not of German heritage, but I’m a big fan of their vittles. Weinerschnitzel, Pretzels with horseradish mustard, spaetzel, cured sausages, sauerkraut and Oktoberfest beer. Even some polka music once in a while.
 
POLKA MUSIC is GOING WAY TO FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR !! LOL
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom