Pizza Oven

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been working on a pizza oven. Got to finally have a curing fire tonight. With supervision, of course. :-D

T&B.jpg

OP
OP
calisdad

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice....I want one! My son and I were looking at instructions on how to build one...got pretty involved.

Thanks packerbacker. It is a bit involved. If I had realized how long this was going to take I may not have started. ;-)

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
photo_camera.gif
Nice photograph but you do realize your "supervisor's were discussing who get the first piece that falls out" calisdad
killingme.gif
- thanks for sharing...

OP
OP
calisdad

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks vpnavy. I've been informed that they are standing in line. :laughing7:

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
I too have wanted to make one for awhile. There are lots of instructions online, & some very ornate ones also. Good job! Whens dinner?

OP
OP
calisdad

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stonework, insulation and stucco to go. Oh, and find some good pizza dough recipes. :-)
Thanks

OP
OP
calisdad

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Packerbacker, Sorry I didn't see your post sooner. I gleaned most of my info from Forno Bravo. They have free plan and a very useful forum here: Brick Oven Plans | Build an Italian Brick Oven scroll down just a little and hit the free download button.

I just got my color stucco coat on after 2 lengthy delays. Let me know if it works for you as I have a copy on DVD I could copy and send too.
oven 016.JPG oven 003.JPG

cactusrat

Jun 27, 2012
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I see two fellows who can’t wait until some pizza comes out of that oven. They are hoping for a bacon, ham, sausage, hamburger pizza.

Nice looking oven.

I do a lot of fire cooking, but don’t have a pizza oven. Last Thanksgiving, I did the whole turkey dinner in Dutch Ovens, well the ice tea was made inside.

cactusrat

Jun 27, 2012
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
do you have plans that you could share on this site? You've resurrected my desire to build one :)

I eat home made pizza four times (one batch of dough) a week.

I found recipes on You Tube on “No Knead” bread and pizza dough. You have to plan ahead, but it’s easy and taste good.

Here is one video that I like;

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cheat with my bread. I put all the ingredients in a bread machine and put it on the "dough" setting. When done I take the dough out, put it on a floured surface and knead it just a few times to get the air out. Then shape it and put it in a bread pan. Let it rise again for about 45 minutes and then throw it in the oven at 375 or so for about 30-35 minutes and walla, homemade bread! Good stuff!

BIGSCOTT

Jul 19, 2013
spring texas
Detector(s) used
fisher 1265
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great thread, thanks for starting it calisdad, I also cook outside with wood alot, and have come up with lots of different cookstoves,
always wanted a wood oven just never built one, I have accumualated quit a bit of fire brick guess i need to get started, there are also
some video's on youtube on how to make your own fire resistant mortar, thanx again and keep this thread going.

p.s. I think I would have to cure a pizza at the same time I cured the oven

OP
OP
calisdad

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
High Temp Mortar is easy=

1 part Portland cement
1 part lime
1 part fire clay
3 parts fine sand

enjoy-

The boys brought 2 pheasant to the bag today. I think they want 1 broasted. :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread