What's new

PJ Left For WI And Left Tabdog Some Gold

tabdog

Hero Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2008
Messages
548
Reaction score
9
Golden Thread
0
Location
Bryant Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Euro Sabre, Vaquero, Silver Sabre uMax and 2 Compadres


Hi Folks,

I met up with PJinWI again today. I caught up with him
at the tank in Burns Park,

10-8-11.jpg


PJ wanted Tabdog to show him how to sniff out stuff in a
tot lot using a Compadre,

3-15-1-1.jpg


I showed him. Now he is going to add a Compadre to his
arsenal.

After that we looked at a mid 1800's cemetery at the park.
No hunting there, but it is a beautiful area with an old log
cabin and an old cemetery on top of a hill.

Sorry, no pics, but,

Across the street is a tot lot,

10-8-15.jpg


PJ said that I should hunt that. I said I hunted it last year
and it does not fill up very quick.

PJ left for Wisconsin and I thought " what the heck,,,,,I'll
hunt tha tot lot "

Right off tha bat,

BOING!

I got a nice Razorback Hog,,,,, (Wooo Pig Sooeeee)

4-23-4.jpg


That inspired me on. I raked all this stuff up,

4-23-6.jpg


4-23-5.jpg


I was not really expecting anything more and then I got this,

4-23-3.jpg


It has tiny letters. I could never really read it. But I guess it
says 14k,

4-23-2.jpg


Not very heavy, but I'll take that,

4-23-7.jpg


I kind of wanted to keep going,

but,

4-23-1.jpg


So Tabdog headed back to the old TabDogHouse,

DSCN0510.jpg


Old PJ don't know I found gold.

This is my third piece of gold for 2010.

Thanks fer L@@kin,

Tabdog
 
Upvote 0
How can you have a Tank near a Kiddies area & then put up a sign saying 'keep off' :laughing9: I would all over that thing :D
 
Nice finds :) Gold is always a nice sight! Quick question for you...how well does that Mizar gold tester work for you? Ive heard mixed reviews and would like a few opinios from people who actually use the product and not just sell it or similar products :) Worth the 150 bucks for one?
 
Bushido Dude said:
Nice finds :) Gold is always a nice sight! Quick question for you...how well does that Mizar gold tester work for you? Ive heard mixed reviews and would like a few opinios from people who actually use the product and not just sell it or similar products :) Worth the 150 bucks for one?

It is not perfect.

It will test titanium as 10k white gold.. But, that has never been a problem.

You have to mix 3 drops of smelly acid in a test well and hold the gold piece
still for about 2 seconds. Then it responds.

It has always rejected gold platting.

It has always been reliable. I have tested hundreds of items and sold to the
refinery. My results seem accurate with the refineries assay.

The cheaper RS Mizar ET18 Electronic Gold Tester sells for $85 and does all
I have ever needed one for.

I got mine used. I can not remember what I paid.

If I get another one, I'll get the RS Mizar ET18.

Some people do not like it???

I like it way better than a stone and acid test, and it is a lot cheaper than the
high dollar ones.

Happy Huntin,

Tabdog
 
nice story and finds!!! MR TUFF
 
Tabdog. Once again, thank you for the guided tour of metal detecting spots in Little Rock, and North Little Rock (aka Argenta, Dog Town). I have been on paid tours that were not as informative as your information. You are a great ambassador for Arkansas and a metal detectors friend. Now what is my cut on the gold earring. Is it 25% or 33%. The class you gave me on detecting totlots will pay off rather well. Congrats on the gold and once again Thank You. PJ
 
Totlots refill faster than U think...Nice Hunt
 
goldguru said:
Totlots refill faster than U think...Nice Hunt

Hay Guru,

PJ knows that now. The first day PJ was in LR he saw a guy metal detecting in
a tot lot. He stopped to talk. It was me he saw. The moment he started talking,
I knew it was PJ and we met.

A couple hours later that tot lot had over 50 people in it, and it was a week day!

You should see it on a week end!!

You should see it when there is a college football game nearby!!!

It's always people with less gold than me that tell me tot lots don't pay off, except
for tha beach gurus of course.

I hope no one around here listens to me,,,, lol

Happy Huntin,

Tabdog
 
That's what I call a "Compadre" ;D :D :laughing7:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom