place to check out in north georgia

amos316

Greenie
Aug 9, 2007
calhoun
Detector(s) used
at pro
f70
During the Civil War when Union General Sherman overran the area, Captain John Felton buried an iron pot containing $50,000 in gold and silver coins somewhere on his 1,800-acre farm located about 2 ½ miles N of Cartersville on hwy. 411. After the cache was made, the family fled to Macon for the duration of the War. When Felton returned, he was unable to locate the cache and it was never recovered. The story of the treasure has been a family legend for 4 generations and although searches have been made over the years, it was never recovered. i got ahold of a old book that had a in dept story on this so im doing my research and going back :)

Tim

Greenie
Aug 14, 2007
Detector(s) used
2 Copper Wires
It's buried under Hwy. 41 I read in one of the books. You wonder what those old gold coins would be worth today. Lots of lost gold in North Georgia. It could be in any bodies backyard. I have learned to always keep my detector on even when I get so tired I can't hardly make it back to the truck. i have found more by accident than I'll ever find on porpose. Try your own backyard. Good luck! Tim

H

HAVE DETECTOR WILL TRAVEL

I live in the area if you head up that way and need an extrta detectorist, give me a shout.

usarose

Nov 27, 2007
Roswell, Georgia
Detector(s) used
DFX Whites
Tim said:
It's buried under Hwy. 41 I read in one of the books. You wonder what those old gold coins would be worth today. Lots of lost gold in North Georgia. It could be in any bodies backyard. I have learned to always keep my detector on even when I get so tired I can't hardly make it back to the truck. i have found more by accident than I'll ever find on porpose. Try your own backyard. Good luck! Tim

Tim
Please share - What book are you referring to? So many out there.
Rob

brie-z

Tenderfoot
Dec 16, 2007
St. Augustine, Fl.
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000
We were up in Cartersville recently. Lake Allatoona is so low and prime for md-ing. i wish i had more than a few days to look around. Unfortunately, it's because of a water shortage, which I hope ends up alright. Most entrances were closed, but the one off sr 20 was beautiful, and a short walk to the boat ramp. If anyone finds anything cool around there, post it. I would love to see.

cliffscot

Oct 19, 2007
Bimini, Bahamas & Atlanta, GA
Detector(s) used
Fisher 8-x, Garrett Sea Hunter
Hey becareful MDing lake Altoona the park rangers ran me off Laneir checking out some of the closed boat ramps. I was finding a host of junk and they surprised me wanting to know what I had found.

gametalman52

Jul 27, 2007
Northeast Georgia
Detector(s) used
DFX,XLT, Goldbug
Corp of Engineers regs, MDing in beach areas only. Which with the water so low you can still get to areas that are normally underwater as I have in Lanier

brie-z

Tenderfoot
Dec 16, 2007
St. Augustine, Fl.
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000
Well, good to know, because we're going back in about a month...thank goodness we didn't have a run-in. I try to be on the up-and-up, but sometimes you just stop using that headphone holder as a brain and just think about the TREASURE!!! any suggestions of legit places to go?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread