Placing a value on the French monument removed by the Spanish and lost at Sea.

seekerGH

Jan 25, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All of these entities need to come together and form an association to fight the State of Florida and legislation aimed at depriving Treasure Salvors/Shipwreck Salvagers from earning a living and paying their' stockholders their' due.

There already was an association ProSEA Professional Shipwreck Explorers Association, Inc

Street Address: P.O. Box 320057
City: Tampa
State: Florida
Postal Code: 33679-2057
Internet URL: prosea.org

Last edited:

seekerGH

Jan 25, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Getting back to the original topic.

From an historical account, I am curious on this account, as the number of ships wrecked is sometimes all of them, or 4 of them wrecked with 3 scuttled, and yet 2 remain to return to France:

Upon his release from prison in 1564, sea captain Jean Ribault was commissioned to lead the relief mission to Florida. Ribault’s fleet consisted of seven ships loaded with armament and munitions, supplies, livestock, 500 soldiers, and as many as 500 more seamen and colonists.

Ribault’s plan almost worked. His fleet surprised the Spanish and almost captured Menéndez, who barely managed to make it across the sandbar. Ribault’s ships were too large to follow at low tide, but instead sailed south to search for San Pelayo, which had departed only hours before.

It was the following day that the fateful storm struck. Either a nor’easter or a true hurricane, the powerful winds drove Ribault’s fleet further south. Despite frantic attempts to claw their way to deeper waters, all the ships were run aground and shipwrecked. Three of the ships were lost in the vicinity of Ponce Inlet, broken to pieces in the surf, while the flagship La Trinité was stranded intact on a sandbar five to ten leagues further south, towards Cape Canaveral.

After an abortive parley attempt from on board one of Ribault’s smaller vessels (Perle) anchored off the fort, the French sailed in their five remaining vessels downriver to the safety of the river mouth. After consolidating their scattered survivors, a decision was made between Laudonnière and Ribault’s son, Jacques.

On 25 September the three smaller vessels were scuttled, and the two remaining ships of Ribault’s fleet, Perle and Levrière, sailed for France.

The final act came on 1 November, when Menéndez led an expedition south to locate the final French survivors who had built a fortification on the beach with six cannon salvaged from the wrecked La Trinité.

NOAA Ocean Explorer: Search for the Lost French Fleet of 1565: Background: Historical Background Part II: The Loss of the French Fleet and the End of French Florida

So, bottom line, out of the 7 vessels, 2 survived?
According to this account, the Trinite was salvaged by the French survivors to build a fort, and then the fort captured by the Spanish? Is this why the the manifest does not match, the Trinite has been salvaged to build the fort?

I know if I was a survivor, pretty sure what I would have done with a massive stone column on the ship.

Last edited:

seekerGH

Jan 25, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ORDER granting 73 Motion for Extension of Time to File Dispositive Motion. The deadline is extended until 9/29/17

Black Duck

Dec 29, 2008
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Aqua Pulse only
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Jumped the gun

ORDER granting 73 Motion for Extension of Time to File Dispositive Motion. The deadline is extended until 9/29/17

Yes, this is public information,France nor the state of Florida have proof of what they are claiming, so they are stalling, you cannot prove something that is not true.
The state of Florida chose to ignore the facts that GME presented to them. Then they make a deal with France to call it the Trinity with no proof what so ever so GME would not be compensated.
These are the facts, recorded, documented and backed up with research and reference already submitted to the state of Florida for the 4th time.
GME surveyed the entire Permit area and turned in the report, then we did our identification phase of the project per our contract and turned in the report as we had done 13 times before.

The next step was to continue our underwater surveys, further document-record-recover and further research what we had found.
But to do this we had to move into recovery contract.

This is when we started to have problems, until we asked for recovery everything was fine, never one complaint, not even one time.
So how is it we can do 14 permits with in 2 years and never have a complaint and in fact be told by the Sec. of State that the state of Florida wants to partner with GME to continue the great job we have done. I personally spoke with the Sec. of state and he told me these exact words. While he was also communicating with France to take site away from us. Just calling it like I see it.
Maybe he was misinformed by the people under him whom do not want treasure hunters working anywhere. Again fact and we have proof that people in the State of Florida are conspiring against treasure hunters.

Thanks for giving me the chance to present the truth again.

Black Duck

Dec 29, 2008
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Aqua Pulse only
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Jumped the gun

Yes, this is public information,France nor the state of Florida have proof of what they are claiming, so they are stalling, you cannot prove something that is not true.
The state of Florida chose to ignore the facts that GME presented to them. Then they make a deal with France to call it the Trinity with no proof what so ever so GME would not be compensated.
These are the facts, recorded, documented and backed up with research and reference already submitted to the state of Florida for the 4th time.
GME surveyed the entire Permit area and turned in the report, then we did our identification phase of the project per our contract and turned in the report as we had done 13 times before.

The next step was to continue our underwater surveys, further document-record-recover and further research what we had found.
But to do this we had to move into recovery contract.

This is when we started to have problems, until we asked for recovery everything was fine, never one complaint, not even one time.
So how is it we can do 14 permits with in 2 years and never have a complaint and in fact be told by the Sec. of State that the state of Florida wants to partner with GME to continue the great job we have done. I personally spoke with the Sec. of state and he told me these exact words. While he was also communicating with France to take site away from us. Just calling it like I see it.
Maybe he was misinformed by the people under him whom do not want treasure hunters working anywhere. Again fact and we have proof that people in the State of Florida are conspiring against treasure hunters.

Thanks for giving me the chance to present the truth again.

noluckyet

Greenie
Jun 1, 2017
Scotland
Detector(s) used
none
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Wow what a find! this is what makes this site so interesting! Thanks for sharing.

Paul

seekerGH

Jan 25, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you provide some insight into the information provided in post #124?

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have not heard of any cannon going for more than a million, or even close. Some royal armours have, but not artillery. The trouble with cannons is that there are not many collectors pushing up the price on them. Museums in Europe have got their funding reduced. so you are looking at New World Museums and collectors. And if you flood the market with twenty or thirty "rare cannons" the price will automatically come down. In England our Museums ethic code forbad us from giving valuations- also tell them to go to reputable dealer- and even to identify objects if they were going for sale. I do not know if US museums have the same codes. The Getty might be interested in your French monument, if no local museums want to be involved.

...and/or France and Spain might want their cannons back - so, the finders get stuck in court, rather than having fun in the water...!

seekerGH

Jan 25, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Document:75
Sep 26, 2017

MOTION to Dismiss All Plaintiff's Claims by Republic of France.

(Attachments: #
1 ExhibitDeclaration of Marie-Laurence Navarri, # 2ExhibitDeclaration of Frank Lestringant, # 3 ExhibitDeclaration of Frank Lestringant, # 4 ExhibitDeclaration of Frank Lestringant, # 5ExhibitDeclaration of Frank Lestringant, # 6 ExhibitDeclaration of Frank Lestringant, # 7 ExhibitDeclaration of Frank Lestringant, # 8ExhibitDeclaration of Frank Lestringant, # 9 ExhibitDeclaration of Frank Lestringant, # 10 ExhibitDeclaration of Frank Lestringant, # 11 ExhibitDeclaration of Frank Lestringant, # 12 ExhibitDeclaration of Frank Lestringant, # 13 ExhibitDeclaration of Frank Lestringant, # 14 ExhibitDeclaration of Sylvie Leluc, # 15 ExhibitDeclaration of James P. Delgado, # 16 ExhibitDeclaration of James P. Delgado, # 17 ExhibitDeclaration of James P. Delgado, # 18 ExhibitDeclaration of James P. Delgado, # 19 ExhibitDeclaration of James P. Delgado, # 20 ExhibitDeclaration of James P. Delgado, # 21 ExhibitDeclaration of James P. Delgado, # 22 ExhibitDeclaration of James P. Delgado, # 23 ExhibitDeclaration of James P. Delgado, # 24 ExhibitDeclaration of James P. Delgado, # 25ExhibitDeclaration of James P. Delgado, #

Last edited:

seekerGH

Jan 25, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of horsepower in those exhibits.

Sylvie Leluc: Curator and conservator for the French Museum of the Army.

Frank Lestringant: Noted historian on French history of the Americas

James Delgado...well, you all know Delgado.

Last edited:

seekerGH

Jan 25, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are no links. Those are exhibits filed with the Court. You have to have PACER to pay for and download the exhibits.

The PACER docket is provided to see the number of exhibits presented and by whom in the Motion to Dismiss.

Black Duck

Dec 29, 2008
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Aqua Pulse only
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Incorrect

Lots of horsepower in those exhibits.

Sylvie Leluc: Curator and conservator for the French Museum of the Army.

Frank Lestringant: Noted historian on French history of the Americas

James Delgado...well, you all know Delgado.

Correct research and credibility is key here.
The three people named above should retract there statements, a professional letter of opinion is based on facts, all the facts, there are two problems with all there statements, they have left out facts from the references they use.( facts that prove it is not the Trinity) so they are either lying or incompetent either way there statements will not be able to be used.
Their credibility is on the line here.
This is all I will say at this time ( details will be presented later in the case)

God bless America for pulling out of that corrupt UNESCO.

seekerGH

Jan 25, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

seekerGH

Jan 25, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How is this horse dead?

It is a very active case and very relevant.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Drink and the devil had done with the rest !!
YO HO HO AND A BOTTLE OF RUM !!!!!
Go black duck go !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread