signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perhaps "wasp's nest" is too weak a description, maybe "The gates of Hell" is closer to reality. Kinda reminds me of that song

If you're goin' through hell keep on going
Don't slow down if you're scared don't show it
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

Not sure I have followed that advice. LOL But I hope everyone realizes I am trying to bring the LRL thing out of the Dark Ages. I feel like I have made some more progress in that direction, toward the target of getting airborne. I'm sure most people are tired of hearing this "made progress" thing. LOL Me, too.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stranger than fiction. LOL

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My enthusiasm on this project has wavered over the past year, but it's at a high level right now. I've been hitting my practice target sometimes less than an inch away from 20 or 30 feet. Not always. These are improvements I have recently made and I really feel like the pieces are starting to fall into place. We'll see.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tried another version today on the stabilizer I said I was going to shelve. Not a total failure--actually hit the target on one of the several attempts--but not there yet.

So with failures come new ideas. If you could see inside my head it would look like one of those Road Runner cartoons. Wile E. Coyote at work in his lab. Acme Antenna Stabilizer guaranteed to point to a roadrunner. LOL Beep Beep!!~@#+"?

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been overwhelmed with chores lately. Was able to do a little head scratching and came up with some cool ideas. Still need a "Star Wars" case. LOL

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been working on a couple more "brilliant" ideas. LOL My duck tape approach failed again. But I feel like I'm getting smarter from all this "learning". LOL

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't been making much headway recently. Had so much stuff needing doing before the cold hits. Been working with some different frequencies. Some good, some not as good. I got big ideas for this, but my motivation level could be better. Sometimes it all gets overwhelming when i look at the whole picture. And it's going to take a considerable investment to do it right. So I'm going about as slow as I can go right now until I can get a spare hundred grand. LOL

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Haven't been making much headway recently. Had so much stuff needing doing before the cold hits. Been working with some different frequencies. Some good, some not as good. I got big ideas for this, but my motivation level could be better. Sometimes it all gets overwhelming when i look at the whole picture. And it's going to take a considerable investment to do it right. So I'm going about as slow as I can go right now until I can get a spare hundred grand. LOL
Oh, you poor baby. It would be so nice if you would slow down to a complete stop so I can dry up these tears.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I admit i am over my head on this project as a whole. I could just abandon it and go about my way. But something inside me will not let that happen. Obviously I've hit some blocks along the way and I'm sure there will be more to come. I guess one of these days I should read up a bit on getting a product to market. I basically know what is needed, but not all the fine details, you know, the do's and don'ts from those who have been through that. I know this much, I don't trust any invention service. Bunch of lawyers, no thanks!

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always the darkest hour is just before the dawn. I can testify to that. I can't count how many times I was so ready to give up on something, even to the point of anger and disgust. Then I always feel guilty for acting that way. LOL Kinda feeling like I'm there at the crossroads right now. Nothing much to do with the locator, just how to get it into a marketable product. So the fun part is over. LOL Guess I need to try to get back in that mood. And I still have work to do around the house before the cold hits. I'm a bit out of character right now. Got some bug. Lost six pounds in sweat last night. LOL So don't lose hope in this. It's going to happen.

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally feel like I have recovered from my "lock-jaw" flu. Now I still have work to do around the yard. Then I'll feel like I can breathe again. Then i have the looming cancer surgeries. Constant stress on the body and mind never knowing how that will turn out. In the rough state I really lost enthusiasm, just felt overwhelmed, almost like a bit of depression. Kinda like me against the rest of the world. Well ,that's probably true. LOL Been going this alone and I'm just not flexible enough to kick myself in the butt. But through all this, I'm still happy to be alive and love this project even if it does stress me.

My ideal goal would be to be to build about a thousand of these and sell them about the same price as a mid-range metal detector. I have a long ways to go! LOL All the dirty propaganda that has been pushed over the years and the rip-offs that are still operating certainly has put some damper on things but someday this will all change. Don't worry metal detector industry. I suspect your sales will skyrocket when this happens. I have some good ideas for financing. I mean the money is there (foreign investor), all I have to do is ask but I'm the one that isn't ready just yet.

Last edited:

morbiusandneo

Jun 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
$300 - $400 per unit is the "sweet spot"!!!

Finally feel like I have recovered from my "lock-jaw" flu. Now I still have work to do around the yard. Then I'll feel like I can breathe again. Then i have the looming cancer surgeries. Constant stress on the body and mind never knowing how that will turn out. In the rough state I really lost enthusiasm, just felt overwhelmed, almost like a bit of depression. Kinda like me against the rest of the world. Well ,that's probably true. LOL Been going this alone and I'm just not flexible enough to kick myself in the butt. But through all this, I'm still happy to be alive and love this project even if it does stress me.

My ideal goal would be to be to build about a thousand of these and sell them about the same price as a mid-range metal detector. I have a long ways to go! LOL All the dirty propaganda that has been pushed over the years and the rip-offs that are still operating certainly has put some damper on things but someday this will all change. Don't worry metal detector industry. I suspect your sales will skyrocket when this happens. I have some good ideas for financing. I mean the money is there (foreign investor), all I have to do is ask but I'm the one that isn't ready just yet.

Glad you are feeling better!! :thumbsup:

QUESTION: Metal detectors sell for $100.00 to $8,000.00. So, what do you mean by "mid-range"? $4,000 per unit? You'd get a lot more $$$ total/gross sales if you are in $300-$400 range, though.:coins:

Does it use batteries? Maybe single 9-volt battery? What is the total weight of your prototype unit now? Surely posting a picture up here wouldn't hurt, and would only fuel more interest, I would think....

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No definite price but I consider anything over a $1000 as high end.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All this on a small rechargeable battery lasts for several hours. At full power run time will be shorter, but not a huge difference. The receiver, about the same.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Going back into recluse mode. Still might make a progress post from time to time if i make any serious progress.

Yeah, I suspect I won't be in too good a mood when I find out the extent of the upcoming cancer surgeries, and mostly won't know until they cut me open. So best i stay away from this place. In the first half-hour they take a year's income.

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't get me wrong--I'm not blaming anyone else. Sure, it's me, I've really lost faith in the world. No, my candidate didn't lose. I'm just starting to think all this is adversely affecting my health and certainly on the social level. Pretty much an outcast everywhere I go. I imagine some people will find it hard to believe I have not even taken this device out into the field. This whole project has been stalled for nearly a year. A guy can only tread water for so long. No doubt it has overwhelmed me to the point of depression. And I've just had about zero interest in this. And like the skeptics say, a lot of wishful thinking, or as I say "delusions on grandeur". LOL I suspect some people will be cheered up upon hearing this. I know, never say never. I've known it for a long time, this treasure hunting is like the hardest thing on earth.And I've never bought into the idea that all treasure hunters are noble people. That's a big crock of propaganda. It's all greed motivated and I don't want to be a part of that at this time in my life. Like the saying goes, a person will not change until they are sick and tired of the way they are. I got the "sick and tired" part down real good. Well, probably don't need to say any more. I expect people get my point loud and clear. Enough of my sermon. See ya.

Last edited:

morbiusandneo

Jun 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
Going back into recluse mode. Still might make a progress post from time to time if i make any serious progress.

Yeah, I suspect I won't be in too good a mood when I find out the extent of the upcoming cancer surgeries, and mostly won't know until they cut me open. So best i stay away from this place. In the first half-hour they take a year's income.

DUDE!! WHATEVER YOU, DO NOT LET THEM SCARE YOU INTO AN UNECESARY SURGERY!! THERE ARE MANY GREAT ALTERNATIVES THAT DO ACTUALLY WORK!!! Ozone Therapy is just one. Cancer is mainly a growth that thrives in an oxygen depleted environment. Flood it with oxegyn and it dies. No need for the archaic radiation treatment, and invasive surgeries which just sap bank and insurance accounts. INBOX me!! Don't fall for their fear tactics and its an emergency to get in there asap. Its all bunk, just to milk the people for money. There have been real cures(80+) for cancer, and for almost 100 years now.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like how Cappy on the "Treasure Quest" TV series sings with his harmonica, "We're all gonna die....but not tonight."

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd like to say I have been making some progress on the electronic receiver but it is mostly minor details. I have made some changes and then changed back. LOL Sometimes I think my brain is failing. I mean I am aware of it. LOL I tried an old antenna I had shelved and really thought I had something. Then after a day of testing I came to the realization it was not working right. Well, at least i figured that one out. Some of my other "theories" also proved false. Pretty soon I won't have any left. LOL That's all good but I am slow to figure these things out. A lot of trial and error, especially big on the error part. And the motivation and enthusiasm has up and flown out the door. It's been hard to "go it alone". I have no moral support. I guess I've cried "Wolf!" (I mean "Eureka!") one too many times. Well, no matter--this obsession is like a fire out of control. Okay, just smoldering. Maybe that's where someone got the idea of Hell fires. LOL

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread